Pagano Says Phins D Will Be Top FIVE This Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pagano Says Phins D Will Be Top FIVE This Year

I want to double-down on what I've just posted.

This is an offensive league, we hear that a lot... but Defenses that can stop a top Offense, even if it is just half of the time, give your Offense a HUUUGE advantage on the score sheet. ...and our offense, with all of the fast-break players that we have assembled, they are going to score most of the time.

Yes, top Offenses win the Super Bowl much of the time, but we've all seen Mahomes when he is flustered and begins to play hero-ball... it has led to some ugly melt-downs.

If Tua and the track team score fairly often, and they will... then the Defense doesn't have to provide many stops. One big sack on third down, one big pick from X or Ramsey... that's the lead in a tight game.

This is a Super Bowl contending team... one of many. It won't be one and done like the Rams or Bucs. This team is built for 3-4 years.

This is an offensive league, we hear that a lot... but Defenses that can stop a top Offense, even if it is just half of the time, give your Offense a HUUUGE advantage on the score sheet. ...and our offense, with all of the fast-break players that we have assembled, they are going to score most of the time.

Yes, top Offenses win the Super Bowl much of the time, but we've all seen Mahomes when he is flustered and begins to play hero-ball... it has led to some ugly melt-downs.

If Tua and the track team score fairly often, and they will... then the Defense doesn't have to provide many stops. One big sack on third down, one big pick from X or Ramsey... that's the lead in a tight game.

This is a Super Bowl contending team... one of many. It won't be one and done like the Rams or Bucs. This team is built for 3-4 years.

I'm quite tired of hearing the NFL is an offensive league, because, too often, it carries with it D is an afterthought. You know, staff an O with top players and just staff the D with league minimum guys. Even people who espouse the 'offensive league' know better and want a pass rush and good secondary.
I'm very optimistic with VF in town and the talent available. I do worry about the first 2-3 games, but, if VF is the same guy he was a few years ago, Miami has a legit shot.

I'm quite tired of hearing the NFL is an offensive league, because, too often, it carries with it D is an afterthought. You know, staff an O with top players and just staff the D with league minimum guys. Even people who espouse the 'offensive league' know better and want a pass rush and good secondary.
I'm very optimistic with VF in town and the talent available. I do worry about the first 2-3 games, but, if VF is the same guy he was a few years ago, Miami has a legit shot.
I get your concern about the beginning of the season. But that's lean on the offense time. Come out swinging and let the D find it's legs.

It really feels like this D will be our best since the early 2000's. I think this is the year Phillips gets elite status.
If you ever see Jaelyn Phillips up close it’s a sight..

Having that type of size and twitch and muscle ratio is such a great advantage when you are at your core a really good instinctive football player

At least pro bowl player is the floor

If you ever see Jaelyn Phillips up close it’s a sight..

Having that type of size and twitch and muscle ratio is such a great advantage when you are at your core a really good instinctive football player

At least pro bowl player is the floor
Even at the pro day he looked superhuman, only dropped in the draft due to concussion worries

Back
Top Bottom