Panthers Make Call on Cam | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers Make Call on Cam

Sounds like a passive aggressive move.

Good move for them. Still relatively cheap cap number for a starter.

It doesn’t stop them from taking a QB in the first, but they certainly won’t be as aggressive as they potentially could be in trade up scenarios.

Joe Brady has a pretty good QB room he is walking into with Cam and Allen.

It doesn’t stop them from taking a QB in the first, but they certainly won’t be as aggressive as they potentially could be in trade up scenarios.

It doesn't stop them from taking a QB in the 1st? Are you being serious right now?

1st round pick #7 and they take a QB?

Really?

I agree, this doesnt stop them from taking a QB at some point maybe a shot on a developmental guy. I mean the HC got what a 6/7 year contract so there is at least time for him to get a system in place and groom a guy. But i do not see them being aggressive moving into the top 3 picks for a guy unless Burrow free falls out of the top 3 and Brady has them jump up to grab his golden boy.

It doesn't stop them from taking a QB in the 1st? Are you being serious right now?

Really?

Well in all honesty they could trade out of 7 and gain more picks then trade back into the late first for like a Fromm or Eason.

Well in all honesty they could trade out of 7 and gain more picks then trade back into the late first for like a Fromm or Eason.

Clearly! But that's not how the OP framed his opinion and not how i responded.
How could they trade the pick and still draft a QB at #7?

I think they nab a QB at some point, but a later guy...Jalen Hurts round 2 or 3?
I think Ruhle will want a signature player for his first pick at 7.
This is good for Miami.

Really?

Cam is on a 1 year deal for relatively cheap starter money.

Kyle Allen is on a Exclusive Rights Free Agent deal, year 3 of 3.

This is smokescreen season. Cam has no guaranteed money left on the deal. They could still draft their guy and cut ties with Cam before June, which is after the draft.

Just saying, I wouldn’t discard them from taking a QB, even at 7.

I do think this does make it less likely they trade up tho.

I do think this does make it less likely they trade up tho.

I never bought into them trading up, but nothing has really changed for them. If they wanna go up, this move doesn’t prevent that from happening . If anything, it allows them to snoop around with less of a spotlight.

This is a sensible approach, they are in rebuild and it wouldn't shock me if they started to accumulate 2021 stock with a view to get in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. They have a big decision to make on Christian McCaffrey also. 2nd contract RBs are not en vogue right now, especially ones with a lot of wear on their tires and as the guys on the draft-dudes pod said if they are in re-build do they want to waste his best years ? If they were to trade him, they will get some capital, that would make them a danger to move up though.

Smokescreen? They have a lot of options, but lower chance of trading up.

Back
Top Bottom