Pasquarelli: 49ers like Smith with first pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pasquarelli: 49ers like Smith with first pick

Smith to 9ers..... :cry:

But seriously....

I know, trade up! Yeah! Give the Niners Feeley and a conditional pick in next year's draft...

Sincerely,
Dave Wannstedt

P.S. I AM a genius!

We're not screwed the way other teams think we are. Very good chance that this is also a put on since we know Nolan likes Rodgers.

Jaj said:
We're not screwed the way other teams think we are. Very good chance that this is also a put on since we know Nolan likes Rodgers.
I'd be careful about the Nolan statement. It's at least a week old, and some source (NFL Network?) said he had overstated his interest.

He was pretty lukewarm right after Smith had his private workout. I doubt he changes his opinion that fast.

Jaj said:
He was pretty lukewarm right after Smith had his private workout. I doubt he changes his opinion that fast.
Maybe the guy's personality is just bland. I know a coach in New England who has that problem.

Caruuci also says Niners to pick Smith, we to take Rodgers.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8397971

Hard to tell if all a smokescreen. Starting to think a QB might be a better pick over a RB due to the crop this year, and long-term impact. I think overall, I'd rather trade down and get more picks. What do people think about Caruuci? Never really followed his views much.

According to ESPN, the 49'rs were bombarded with calls late last week with several teams interested in moving up to that spot. If that's the case there may be more deals out there then just Tampa or Minnesota.

However, assuming there is only the Tampa and Minnesota deals out there, we are still absolutely fine. Minny's deal is much better because there isn't much difference between the #5 and #7 pick but the difference between #18 and Tampa's 2nd and third is very big. The #18 is worth alot more than a 2nd and 3rd. So I would choose Minny's offer. Since Minny wants Edwards, the deal should still be there so we get the same deal regardless of what SF does. In fact, by Smith not being there, Minny is more likely to believe that we would take Edwards.

IMO, the 9ers are playing games. Smart games.

Obviously the value of their pick depends on their poker face. Minnesota is not going to trade that extra 2nd/3rd to move up to #1 instead of #2 if they know SF is taking Rodgers.

I think when all is said and done the 9ers stay where they are and draft Rodgers or Smith (hopefully, probably, Rodgers).

That would leave the top 7 like this:

1. SF - Rodgers.
2. MIA - Trade down with Bucs or Minnesota.
TB: Smith
Minnesota: Braylon
3. CLE - Brown
4. CHI - I'm saying Mike Williams. Might not be the popular choice.
5. MIA - C. Williams
TB: C. Williams
6. TEN: Rolle
7. MIN: This is their worst-case scenario. Pac-Man? Merriman?
MIA: Benson

What is your reasoning behind the Browns taking a RB they don't have one legitimate threat at WR and you have them taking Brown. They'll take M. Williams and go with Suggs.

fincane said:
What is your reasoning behind the Browns taking a RB they don't have one legitimate threat at WR and you have them taking Brown. They'll take M. Williams and go with Suggs.

I think they're in a similar situation to us (with our QB). Suggs isn't going to get it done, I don't think. Ronnie Brown is a special prospect and if both QBs are off the board I wouldn't be surprised. I think their order would go Smith, Rodgers (maybe, not sure), Braylon, Williams, Brown.

Which incidentally means you're right. I miscalculated. I predict the remainder of: Smith, Rodgers, Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom