Pasquarelli on the Cornell Green trade (funny) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pasquarelli on the Cornell Green trade (funny)

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
From Pasquerelli's Tip Sheet

"A lot of people in Tampa, including some in the Buccaneers front office, insist the demotion of second-year offensive tackle Kenyatta Walker will be a short-lived punitive measure. Fact is, there are some observers who feel that Walker could be back in the lineup by the second half of Sunday's season opener against New Orleans. Because of excessive false start penalties, coach Jon Gruden and offensive line coach Bill Muir soured on Walker and opted to replace him with Cornell Green, a journeyman who was acquired from Miami via a trade. But some league personnel guys have joked that Dolphins vice president Rick Spielman ought to be the early leader for executive of the year honors, for having finagled a seventh-round choice from the Bucs in exchange for Green. "The guy," said one NFC pro scout, "is an absolute stiff. I don't care how badly Walker is playing. He has to be better (than Green)."

Yea when I read this I was LOL, had to quite down, I was in my office and everyone just looked at me.

Yup. So in essence, we traded Cornell Green for Sage Rosenfels......and fooled TWO teams in the process.

Then there's that dude who did the Q&A session who said that Cornell Green was going to be struggling to make the Dolphins roster, and the fact that he is starting in Tampa Bay shows just how dire their offensive line situation is.

But still that quote is too funny. "The guy is an absolute stiff. I don't care how badly Walker is playing. He has to be better (than Green)."

Back
Top Bottom