Patrick Ramsey's 2001 Pre-Draft workup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Ramsey's 2001 Pre-Draft workup

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I thought some of you would be intrested in this...it's from NFL.com ... I say they Nailed it right down to the last dot over the "i" wouldn't you say so too?

Prospect Profile

Patrick Ramsey
Position: Quarterback
College: Tulane
Height: 6-2
Weight: 219
Hometown: Ruston, La.

ANALYSIS

Positives:

Well-proportioned frame with broad shoulders … Has a quick release and a live arm with excellent velocity on his deep tosses … Sets up fluidly with good balance and footwork … Poised under pressure, showing toughness stepping up in the pocket … Goes through progressions and does a nice job reading defenses … Shows power and snap in his release, delivering with proper over-the-top mechanics … Steps off his front foot and generates good ball speed, giving his receivers a chance to compete for the long ball … Throws a tight spiral with a good arc that is easy to catch … Vocal leader who commands respect from his teammates … Senses pressure well and can slide to escape from pressure … Can look off and hold the safety, placing his deep tosses over either shoulder of his receivers and away from the defender … Shows the ability to throw in either direction when on the move … Has the ability to find his secondary targets … Very accurate throwing down the middle.

Negatives:

Needs to work on his footwork setting up in the pocket, as he is not always quick to reach his drop/set point … Needs to show more patience when under pressure, as he will loft the ball into traffic every now and then … Lacks a soft touch, as he puts too much power behind his short throws (they are accurate, though) … Has trouble following through with his release when forced out of the pocket … Tries to aim at the receiver's numbers, which results in a handful of dropped passes … While he can slide out of the pocket, he is not an elusive runner and will get caught quickly … Little slow-footed and runs too upright, taking unnecessary hits … Good ball-handler, but is not deceptive with his fakes … Will commit to a route and throw blindly on occasion … Reads defenses well, but his overall vision is suspect … Needs good protection up front to be effective due to a lack of escapability.

CAREER NOTES

Earned one of the most prestigious awards in the nation when he was named a National Football Foundation/College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete, one of sixteen players nationwide, in 2001 … Set a school record with at least one touchdown pass in 31-straight games … Completed 798 of 1,355 passes (58.9 percent) for 9,205 yards, 72 touchdowns and 51 interceptions, surpassing the old school career-records of 649 completions of 1,163 passes for 8,419 yards and 70 touchdowns by Shaun King (1995-98) and 41 interceptions by Terrence Jones (1985-88) and Roch Hontas (1976-79) … His 58.9 pass completion percentage is topped only by Mike McKay (59.9 percent, 1981-82) in Green Wave annals … His 9,103 yards in total offense placed him third in school history behind King (9,468) and Jones (9,445).

Last edited by a moderator:
*church lady on*

"Well isn't that special."

*church lady off*

You learn something new everyday...

Hey ZOD. Is that little bit at the bottom about Norv cursing Jay's abilitity true???? Or just funny as hell???

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Hey ZOD. Is that little bit at the bottom about Norv cursing Jay's abilitity true???? Or just funny as hell???

It's in todays Miami Herald by Dan LeBastard...

LINK

I like the last pragraph and the signoff the best...

"Imagine you are Fiedler today. The scoreboard -- your employee evaluation -- says you've done your job well. But your employer keeps publicly interviewing other candidates for your job, keeps trying to replace you. And if by some miracle you do return, just because all those candidates interviewed decide to be elsewhere, you are going to be asked to take a pay cut."

Poor Jay.

Even when he wins, he loses.

I see nothing in this guys career to feel good about. He played for lowly Tulane which is not even division I, and threw 51 picks to 71 TDs!
That's a high ratio.

Setting all the Green Wave records is not that impressive.

Rivers! RIVERS!

What about Madison for Ramsey.....

Ramsey's reasonable salary should compensate for the cap hit we would take for trading Madison. It all depends on if you think Fletcher is capable of stepping up....

Back
Top Bottom