"Patrick wants to start" (why the Brunell/Ramsey saga isn't over) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Patrick wants to start" (why the Brunell/Ramsey saga isn't over)

Gibbs to screwing Ramsey. He's telling him he's going to battle for the #1 spot in case Brunell falls through. If Brunell goes to Wash, then Gibbs will dump Ramsey. But you don't want the kid mad if Brunell doesn't work out.

Brunell wants to start, Gibbs wants him to start and wants to pay him $20 mil, but yet give Ramsey a chance to win the #1? Righhhhttt. I hope Ramsey doesn't fall for that, he should demand a trade.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Really? Because in the same interview ...

When asked if he would request a trade, Ramsey responded. "The only way I would ever want . . . " Ramsey didn't complete the sentence, and quickly added: "I want to play. [Gibbs] said it's an open competition. I welcome that."

I think this is one situation where you have to listen to what the agent says more than what the player says.

Hmmmm. That wasn't in the interview that I watched. The TV boys caught him going to his car in the parking lot and he did not hesitate in saying that he would be with the Redskins and that he would NOT seek a trade.

Although, those sentiments can always change after talking to his agent.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Hmmmm. That wasn't in the interview that I watched. The TV boys caught him going to his car in the parking lot and he did not hesitate in saying that he would be with the Redskins and that he would NOT seek a trade.

Although, those sentiments can always change after talking to his agent.

Here's the link:

Gibbs, Ramsey discuss

I expect Ramsey will be a good soldier this season and do whatever Gibbs says. If he isn't starting by season's end, he might demand a trade or release next year.

Here's the link:

Gibbs, Ramsey discuss

Well, I guess the video editors chopped off that intitial line. Ramsey is still young and is not the best communicator.

All I can say is that having watched the interiew...the tone was NOT one of frustration or unhappiness. His tone was that he was going to rise to the challenge and be committed to the Redskins.

And all reports from Gibbs point of view is that he is committed to Ramsey for the long term...he just needs to have a proven VET in the mix at the QB position. That's the way he has always done it.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

All I can say is that having watched the interiew...the tone was NOT one of frustration or unhappiness. His tone was that he was going to rise to the challenge and be committed to the Redskins.

IF there's an open competition. And if there is, how will Brunell feel about it?

IF there's an open competition. And if there is, how will Brunell feel about it?

I think that he would rather go to MIAMI. I'm not sure if he is willing to go all out to make that happen.

He does have a history of rejecting "done" deals. He was supposed to be traded to Philly from the Packers. He rejected the deal and went to Jacksonville the next day.

Back
Top Bottom