Patriot contract issues looming | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriot contract issues looming

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here are a few things looming and intresting facts as well...

1) Ted Washington.

The big nose tackle is pulling in $1.65 million in base salary - and it's apparent he's worth every penny. When Washington was traded to the Pats in August, he and his agent expressed interest in signing an extension that would allow him to finish his career in New England. Don't be surprised to see that happen.

Here is the downside: Washington is 35 years old, is in his 13th NFL season and has suffered a broken leg in each of the last two years.

2) Damien Woody.

It stands to reason that the market for the 2002 Pro Bowl center has only gone up with his strong performance at guard this year. Does that mean Woody's worth has gone up in Belichick's mind as well? We'll find out.

Woody has already expressed a strong desire to remain in New England, but at what price? The franchise number for offensive linemen in 2003 (meaning the average of the top five highest salaries at the position) is $5.7 million.

Woody's compensation this year, between salary and incentives, is around $2 million. The Pats surely see Woody's value closer to the latter figure than the former.

3) The big name here, of course, is Ty Law.

Whose $5.65 million salary and $9.4 million cap number in 2004 will make him one of the highest-paid cornerbacks in the league. Right now he's worth it, although that hasn't always been the case.

4) When the injury report is released today, it will be interesting to see if the Pats list McGinest with a knee injury. Colts Nation is still grumbling over McGinest's well-timed injury and miraculous recovery in the closing minutes Sunday, and it's not hard to see why. After the game, Belichick, with a tight smile on his lips, called it cramps. McGinest said it was a twisted knee. The Colts said it was baloney.

``Amazing recovery by Willie,'' said Peyton Manning with a roll of the eyes. ``True hero.''

5) On the hot seat: Brady vs. the Dolphins defense. In his last two games, Brady has four interceptions and three fumbles, resulting in 28 second-half points for the opponent. Suffice to say, that's not what the Pats are looking for. The Dolphins and their ball-hawking defense have come up with 30 turnovers on the season, third most in the NFL. . . .

Key matchup:

Light is coming off two straight rough games at left tackle, as he was exposed against Colts speed rusher Dwight Freeney. Light believes that Dolphins end Jason Taylor is a superior player to Freeney. Light needs to get back on track against his nemesis Sunday.

Read the reat at:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/patriots.bg?articleid=258

This post makes me feel warm and fuzzy...keep it coming............

BTW, if the lose Law next season....they are done....that guy sets the tone for the pats on their pass defense.

BTW, if the lose Law next season....they are done....that guy sets the tone for the pats on their pass defense.

I would not say they are done, but it should hurt them. Hell I thought losing Lawyer Milloy would really hurt them... Which they have rebounded from nicely.

Oh yeah, I did like this post too... REally looking forward to Sunday!

Originally posted by Section126
what cap situation?

We have the best capoligist in the biz.....Brian Weidemeir

It could be argued the Eagles do a better job.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Fins fans should worry about their own cap situation first :lol:

Clumpy :shakeno:,, why don't YOU take YOUR own advice goat fan !!!

:goof:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983

Clumpy :shakeno:,, why don't YOU take YOUR own advice goat fan !!!

Marino1983

Bills are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under the 2004 cap. The same cannot be said for the Fins :lol:

Bills are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under the 2004 cap. The same cannot be said for the Fins :lol:

Isn't funny that (in your eyes) everything that has to do with the billy goats is so very rosey ....

But when something has to do with the Dolphins,, a cloudburst is hanging over head ..... :confused:

How ANYONE can find your B-S credible is amazing !!! :shakeno:

Marino1983

The Bills are projected to be as high as 17 million under the cap next year. It is not until 2005-2006 that their cap problems begin.

Cut Marion, Griese, Thompson, Ruddy, Perry.

Restructure: Madison, JT, Mare, McKnight.

Let Todd Wade walk.

I think that's enough to keep under the cap and more. A. Freeman seems to be progressing from last year's performance. He's a natural FS instead of SS. Thompson isn't worth jackshlt. McKinney is ready to blossom in Ruddy's place. Perry is old, and s*cks. Griese...No brainer.

Madison and JT make over 7 million next year, I think. That's a lot of money. McKnight doesn't deserve millions to play 3rd WR. No kicker deserves over 1 million, so Mare should restructure.

I think we should re-sign Buckley. Sign Chad Clifton. Work out a longer deal with Madison. And consider getting a WR in the draft or FA. I don't think we can afford T.O. I think Lee Evans of Wisconsin would be nice. (LOL @ Wisconsin is where our WR come from. Too bad the CBs don't turn out well....:( )

Troy Vincent turned out pretty well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom