Patriots dynasty another 5 years?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots dynasty another 5 years??

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
5,789
Reaction score
2,368
Can Bill Belichick and this team remain on top for another 5 years and beyond? It seems that BB wants his team to get younger, he pick up quite a few picks this year and stockpile alot for 2006(a draft most experts say will be stronger) With Brady being signed to a long term contract, I wonder if this team is slowly retooling. If this is true, will the Phins see a SB anytime in the near future? Do you guys think this is what BB is doing?
 

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
3,978
Reaction score
6
Age
50
Location
Casselberry, Fl
No, more like another 5 minutes. They are done, at least for now. To many coaching changes and personnel changes.
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
If you believe the Belupchuck is the smartest man in the NFL and that no one will ever be able to figure out his schemes than yes.

I don't.

Screw the Pats. Screw Beli. Screw Tom Brady.
 

Dolfan73

Finally Back Home
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
1,546
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Astoria, Oregon
Losman7 said:
If you believe the Belupchuck is the smartest man in the NFL and that no one will ever be able to figure out his schemes than yes.

I don't.

Screw the Pats. Screw Beli. Screw Tom Brady.


Losman you couldn't be more correct. Saban's the smartest man in the NFL :wink:
 

themole

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
4,981
Reaction score
2
Age
73
Location
Palatka Fl.
Losman7 said:
If you believe the Belupchuck is the smartest man in the NFL and that no one will ever be able to figure out his schemes than yes.

I don't.

Screw the Pats. Screw Beli. Screw Tom Brady.

I believe that Bellichicks ability can't be disputed at this time. I know that he has designed his organization to compensate for just the things that occured this past season. I also know that is Nick Sabans philosophy of building an organization. He said so in his book. No different than a rattlesnakes mouth. If he loses a fang...there is another one right behind it to take its place. We will see if the plan works. It's a damn good one!
 

weisdolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
905
Reaction score
12
Age
39
Location
GA
Losman7 said:
If you believe the Belupchuck is the smartest man in the NFL and that no one will ever be able to figure out his schemes than yes.

I don't.

Screw the Pats. Screw Beli. Screw Tom Brady.

Even though your a Bills fan its good to see that we can agree on something
 

DolphinzD

Boom!! How you like that??
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
2,838
Reaction score
20
I will believe the Patriots' dynasty is over when they stop winning Super Bowls.
 

Krie30511

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
874
Reaction score
5
Age
37
Location
Miami
ummm... its over... that dynasty ended the day Nick Saban flew into the dolphin's facility in W.H.'s Heli!
 

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
6,224
Reaction score
204
Location
Somerset, England
i think its a lottery who will even win the division--it will be hard to gain an advantage through these games and i expect the four teams to come out pretty even, so much will depend on who wins the other games--IMO the Pats wont win the division
 

phinsforever

rookie
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
235
Reaction score
0
finmann said:
Can Bill Belichick and this team remain on top for another 5 years and beyond? It seems that BB wants his team to get younger, he pick up quite a few picks this year and stockpile alot for 2006(a draft most experts say will be stronger) With Brady being signed to a long term contract, I wonder if this team is slowly retooling. If this is true, will the Phins see a SB anytime in the near future? Do you guys think this is what BB is doing?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'remaining on top' for another 5 years. I don't think they will be able to win the next 5 SBs if that is what you mean. In fact, it is very difficult to predict how any team is going to perform next year, let alone the next 5. However, the Patriots are in pretty good shape as far as the future is concerned. Brady is the best NFL player in the league, and he is still pretty young. They have a lot of stars on D, and guys like Wilfork and Seymour are still young.
I absolutely detest the PAtriots but I respect them tremendously. It has been said countless times, but it is true: Bellichek and Pioli are geniuses at their crafts. I think they are still the team to beat. I don't see any other teams right now that come close to them. I know the Steelers beat them last year, but I think they have significant holes in their roster. Same goes for the Eagles. Forget about the Colts (the most overrated team in the NFL) and the Falcons as well.
On the one hand it is very depressing to have such a dominant team in your division, but I also truly believe that the Fins, Bills and Jets can only stand to improve from this situation. All these teams get a front row seat on how to be a champion, and that is a very important learning experience. You draft and build your team to win the division. Competition elevates the quality of play. In the long run, the Patriots success could lead to success for Miami.
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
22,035
Reaction score
1,128
Location
Maryland
phinsforever said:
I'm not sure what you mean by 'remaining on top' for another 5 years. I don't think they will be able to win the next 5 SBs if that is what you mean. In fact, it is very difficult to predict how any team is going to perform next year, let alone the next 5. However, the Patriots are in pretty good shape as far as the future is concerned. Brady is the best NFL player in the league, and he is still pretty young. They have a lot of stars on D, and guys like Wilfork and Seymour are still young.
I absolutely detest the PAtriots but I respect them tremendously. It has been said countless times, but it is true: Bellichek and Pioli are geniuses at their crafts. I think they are still the team to beat. I don't see any other teams right now that come close to them. I know the Steelers beat them last year, but I think they have significant holes in their roster. Same goes for the Eagles. Forget about the Colts (the most overrated team in the NFL) and the Falcons as well.
On the one hand it is very depressing to have such a dominant team in your division, but I also truly believe that the Fins, Bills and Jets can only stand to improve from this situation. All these teams get a front row seat on how to be a champion, and that is a very important learning experience. You draft and build your team to win the division. Competition elevates the quality of play. In the long run, the Patriots success could lead to success for Miami.


Very well put, couldn't of say it better myself. The competition in this division gets better each year, and even though we were at the bottom of the division, we were able to beat the Pats. In this division, because we know each other so well, it really is a "any given Sunday" situation.
 
Top Bottom