Patriots going to the Superbowl! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots going to the Superbowl!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It is obvious that the league, God, gods want the New England Patriots to represent the AFC in the Superbowl this year...

Yesterday's game was a microcosm of what was going on all year.. Dont get me wrong, the Pats put a whooping on the Phins.. but check out their scores..

Vinatieri FG: It was actually wide left, but the refs gave it to him anyway..

3-0 pats.

Some dude runs into Charlie Rogers.. No kick catch interference called.. Dolphins start on their own 2 o4 3.. Fiedler makes dumb throw... Vrabel or Bruschi walk it into the endzone for an easy 6 points.. On the Extra point Vinatieri hits the the goal post and it somehow bounces in... Wow...

10-0 Pats.

To top it off, a rookie punter who has never played i n the NFL AND Tom Brady both turn i nto Reggie Roby.. Tom Brady pooch punts on 4th and 10 (Good call btw) and being the stellar punter that Brady is.. the ball lands on the one.. fiedler tries to make something happen..sack..safety..game over..

12-0 Pats..

It truly is amazing.. but congrats nontheless..

I HATE THE PATRIOTS!

BTW, I think Fiedler took a little too much from Griese.. Those fumbles were very Griese-esque.

I was at the game and I wanted to ask someone who watched it on TV, was that fieldgoal good? It appeared to miss on all the replays in the stadium?????

I dont think they will make it to the SB. There are some good teams out there.

Yep I agree that Fiedler looked as bad as Griese yesterday. Good analogy.

The one thing that was driving me crazy yesterday though, was the stupid stupid stupid decision not to try and put ANY PRESSURE on their punter. They let him kick the ball like he was in practice. I mean, WTF are you supposed to do to a punter playing in his first ever NFL game in horrible conditions, if not put pressure on him?

The one time they did rush him hard late in the game, he gets off a 30 yard squib......:nono:

Again, bad coaching.

Face it. Pats dont have ANY All-Pro Players, the thing they have is a great coaching staff. We got outcoached, which lead to us getting outplayed.

Can that be challenged???? If so we should have challenged it. I don't thiink you can though.

Originally posted by fearthefish
I was at the game and I wanted to ask someone who watched it on TV, was that fieldgoal good? It appeared to miss on all the replays in the stadium?????

i kept pausing it on TiVo. It appeared to got directly over the top of the goal post. however, at "that" point, it was hooking left and the thing is, I couldn't be postive where the ball was, distancewise, when it went over the post. If it was before reaching the posts, then it was WL. If it was after, then it was good. Therefore................................

After reviewing the play, there is no indisputable evidence to overturn the call. The call on the field stands. Field Goal is good!

:lol:

Originally posted by SkapePhin

On the Extra point Vinatieri hits the the goal post and it somehow bounces in... Wow...

I thought the FG was wide left.

On the extra point, he bounced it off "both" uprights and it still went through.

As per the rule......that field goal WAS NO GOOD.

But remember that it was a 29 yard field goal, so I chalk it up to "He would have missed completely had Madison not gotten that penalty."

Remember that we tend to help the patriots make their luck.

The scary part is the Pats could very well win their 2nd superbowl in 3 years and they are looking at 2 No.1's and 2 No.2's in next years draft. One of those two 2nd rounders courtesy of us. I hate to say it but we have the possibility of a Dynasty in our division. It scares the crap out of me thinking about it.

1st round picks cost alot of money.....and cost you the chance to resign your free-agents. I don't worry about the patriots, they have alot of older contributors. If you worry about anything, worry about taking advantage of the window we got to do something with this defense we got. (3 years)

Originally posted by Section126
As per the rule......that field goal WAS NO GOOD.

But remember that it was a 29 yard field goal, so I chalk it up to "He would have missed completely had Madison not gotten that penalty."

Remember that we tend to help the patriots make their luck.

Please explain the rule.

The Pats won't go to the sb. When playoffs come, they will meet another team with a good coach but with better talent. Problem is, the other team won't have the refs in their paycheck. I wonder if paying the refs count as part of the salary cap. :huh:

im not a big subscriber to the luck theory... you still have to be in the game for a "lucky" play to effect the outcome, and the Pats are in every game (except the Bills game)... but how about that muffed punt that bounced immediately into the hands of another Pats player, like it was magnetized there??? geez.

Back
Top Bottom