Patriots look primed to repeat.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots look primed to repeat..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
At least the AFC East.

-Miami 1st year rebuilding
-Buffalo 1st year with basically rookie QB
-Jets (Only real Competition) But if Chad goes down, so does the team.

Heck, if Something happens to Brady and the Pats slip though, I could see Miami even competing for the wildcard. I really think Buffalo is going to hve a down year next year.

But if the Pats stay healthy, they will win the AFC East with homefiels advantage in my opinion.

It could be a great chance for us this year. 9-7 or 10-6 could get us in.

A: Pats will be good, but losing all those coaches, it could drop them some.
B: Bills with Rookie QB facing Saban and Billy B in NE twice (OUCH)
C: I think the Jets are in trouble, Pennington's surgery was worse then thought, maybe losing Jordan, new OC should help.

SkapePhin said:
At least the AFC East.

Heck, if Something happens to Brady and the Pats slip though, I could see Miami even competing for the wildcard. I really think Buffalo is going to hve a down year next year.

But if the Pats stay healthy, they will win the AFC East with homefiels advantage in my opinion.
They should be considered the favorite, however, losing Weiss and Crennel will potentially have a lot of impact.

It was not just losing Csonka, Kiick and Warfield that ended the 70's Dolphins run, it was also losing top coordinators like Arnsparger.

SkapePhin said:
At least the AFC East.

If Chad goes down? MOre like when he goes down. Miami and buffalos defenses will always let them compete for the wildcard, its just which team gets enough offense to make the run at the end of theyear.

Truthfully, I see Buffalo having the best year next year. All the other teams are having big Coaching changes. They will have another year under their new coach. They are now a running team with McGahee and their defense. They won't have to put Loseman in too many situations where he has to win the game for them. Just like Pitt with Big Ben this year. I hate to say it, but Buffalo will be good next season. Barring a total collapse of either their D or Loseman just sucks...

Bills played pretty good when Bledsoe was absolutly horrible. so i dont think a rookie QB is gonna drag that team down.

I think Miami might have something to say about that

Oboy said:
Truthfully, I see Buffalo having the best year next year. All the other teams are having big Coaching changes. They will have another year under their new coach. They are now a running team with McGahee and their defense. They won't have to put Loseman in too many situations where he has to win the game for them. Just like Pitt with Big Ben this year. I hate to say it, but Buffalo will be good next season. Barring a total collapse of either their D or Loseman just sucks...

I would agree except for the QB change. I have a very low opinion of Losman. I see them facing as much turmoil as Miami. IMO the Jets have the best chance to succeed after the Pats of course.

If Pennington's surgery doesn't turn out to be as bad as first reported, then I think they have the best shot. They were a play or two here and there away from beating the Patriots last year. I think coaching got the Pats over the top. Bill is still there, but losing Charlie and Romeo will affect them somewhere. This might be the team that benefits the most. But, in 2 years, fear the PHIN!!!!

I think the coaching changes in New England are overrated.

I'm not saying Weis and Crennell aren't good coaches - they obviously are. But it's not like they're going from the West Coast variant offense that they use to the Run and Shoot.

The Patriots aren't changing schemes and they're not changing terminology. The players won't have to do anything different than they've done the past four years. They've already got the schemes and the personnel to run those schemes. They're simply changing the guys who call the plays. And the guys calling the plays have spent the last few years learning the trade from Weis and Crennell.

Could there be an adjustment period? Sure. But if there is, maybe that means they go 12-4 instead of 14-2.

I wouldn't bet against the Patriots repeating.

Gator Mike said:
I think the coaching changes in New England are overrated.

I'm not saying Weis and Crennell aren't good coaches - they obviously are. But it's not like they're going from the West Coast variant offense that they use to the Run and Shoot.

The Patriots aren't changing schemes and they're not changing terminology. The players won't have to do anything different than they've done the past four years. They've already got the schemes and the personnel to run those schemes. They're simply changing the guys who call the plays. And the guys calling the plays have spent the last few years learning the trade from Weis and Crennell.

Could there be an adjustment period? Sure. But if there is, maybe that means they go 12-4 instead of 14-2.

Its about chemistry, it definitely changes somewhat when you lose both coordinators.

History has shown that.

Losing Weis will hurt Brady and the Pats....brady doesn't call his own plays...and add them losing the QB coach...hurts too. Teams get fat when they win...thats why no team has won three in a row...the Pats won't win either.

Going to depend on how well Losman performs, but I think Buff could give Patsies a run for their money with all their staff losses.

Jets / Dolphins - who knows.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
It could be a great chance for us this year. 9-7 or 10-6 could get us in.

A: Pats will be good, but losing all those coaches, it could drop them some.
B: Bills with Rookie QB facing Saban and Billy B in NE twice (OUCH)
C: I think the Jets are in trouble, Pennington's surgery was worse then thought, maybe losing Jordan, new OC should help.
The Jets tagged john abraham to make him a trading option which they still might go after randy moss...but it would cost them abraham and a 1st and maybe another player proboboly lb sam cowart

Gator Mike said:

the patriots should be the favorites in every game. they haven't had a holding penalty or a pass interference penalty in 6 straight playoff games. they are likely to keep winning until they get tired of it.

Back
Top Bottom