PATRIOTS trade with Arizona Cardinals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PATRIOTS trade with Arizona Cardinals

dolp1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
Adam Schefter reporting the Pats have traded Chandler Jones the defensive end for Cooper Arizona's right guard and a second round pick…………….theres a team that knows how to fix their offensive line quickly and acquire picks……not Tannenbum…who gives away position in the draft and hasn't addressed the offensive line:sidelol:

I bet the Pats are nervous about Jones and his incident with synthetic weed prior to the AFC divisional playoff game. I also bet the situation is worse then we've been led to believe. So what do they do, sell high. Brilliant move!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no doubt this will work out for NE, always does, but damn Jones is their best defensive player.

no doubt this will work out for NE, always does, but damn Jones is their best defensive player.

Who checked into the police station dazed and confused. Probably not his first or last bout with synthetic weed. Pats are smart, they cut bait for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper has been injury prone. Chandler Jones on the other hand might not be the most talented pass rusher but he has very strong hands. On first glance I like this better for Arizona than for NE, especially short term, and doubly since NE has not been a stellar drafting team lately and Arizona's 2nd is near the bottom of the round.

2nd round picks are not guaranteed to pan out ~ AZ wins no one cares about character

We'll see. Wouldn't surprise me to here of a Jones suspension down the road. Pats don't typically lose these things.

This stinks of saving themselves from having to pay Jones an Olivier Vernon sized contract next year. That franchise number is now through the roof thanks to Vernon and, eventually, Von Miller's contract. So they either franchise him at 13M+ next year, sign him to an insanely bloated contract, or let him walk and take the, hopefully, third round compensatory pick. Or they trade him a season early for a second and a guard they think they can salvage and save themselves the hassle of his contract. New England wins this trade, big time. It's a savvy move in my opinion.

Jones was the pats 3rd or 4th best defensive player, behind Collins, Hightower, Butler. Ninkovich was responsible for a lot of the sacks Jones got, by flushing QBs out of the pocket.

Don't get me wrong. Jones is good, but disappeared too often. I think 8 of his 12.5 sacks came in 2 games early in the season. I think he'll play out of his mind in AZ and will get the huge contract after that from someone.

Jones was the pats 3rd or 4th best defensive player, behind Collins, Hightower, Butler. Ninkovich was responsible for a lot of the sacks Jones got, by flushing QBs out of the pocket.

Don't get me wrong. Jones is good, but disappeared too often. I think 8 of his 12.5 sacks came in 2 games early in the season. I think he'll play out of his mind in AZ and will get the huge contract after that from someone.

Does T. Flowers get a shot to start this year?

He'll get every opportunity, both him and Grissom.

I expect the scheme to involve as much rotation of the D-line as they had last year, so their number of snaps will go up unless someone else beats them out.

Does T. Flowers get a shot to start this year?

Cooper has been a bust so far. They basically traded Jones for a late 2nd rd pick.

Back
Top Bottom