Patriots Vent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Vent

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If there are any pats fans on this board. Stop calling yourself a dynasty. You are not a dynasty, just because some idiot in the media said it. The Chicago Bulls were a dynasty. And I may get criticizm but the dolphins who went 17-0 and followed it with another superbowl were not a dynasty. Although what was a hell of alot more impresive than 2 in 3 years. Big deal with so many teams going back to back, 2 in 3 years is pointless.

It is known back to back championships are more respected because they are harder to accomplish because you are being gunned for.

If have a perfect season or even go back to back, then come talk to me about dynasty. Until then dont be sucked into the media garbage and catchphrases. AND STOP SAYING DYNASTY.

Can we say "DIE NASTY"?

That really describes how the Pats play. They don't die easily.

WestCoastPhins said:
If there are any pats fans on this board. Stop calling yourself a dynasty. You are not a dynasty, just because some idiot in the media said it. The Chicago Bulls were a dynasty. And I may get criticizm but the dolphins who went 17-0 and followed it with another superbowl were not a dynasty. Although what was a hell of alot more impresive than 2 in 3 years. Big deal with so many teams going back to back, 2 in 3 years is pointless.

It is known back to back championships are more respected because they are harder to accomplish because you are being gunned for.

If have a perfect season or even go back to back, then come talk to me about dynasty. Until then dont be sucked into the media garbage and catchphrases. AND STOP SAYING DYNASTY.

Dynasty

OK, Dynasty.

I might agree that it is not a Dynasty, if it was over...but it's NOT!

It's not a real dynasty YET but it is a modern dynasty and if they were to get 1 this year it would become a true dynasty.

its not any form of dynasty when you go from a superbowl to missing the playoffs to winning a superbowl again, pats fans make it seem like its better to win 2 of 3 years then win 2 in a row (its not)! It's not a modern dynasty because true dynasties dont exist in this era of sports, the last true dynasty was the Chicago Bulls. Win next year and then we'll talk about how the pats "might" be a dynasty.

the last true dynasty was the Chicago Bulls.

Actually that was 3 dynasties ago. The last true dynasty was the Lakers winning 3 straight(and going for 4 in 5 years this year) and before that it was the Yankees winning 3 straight and 4 out of 5 from '96-'00(and were w/in 2 outs of a 4th straight :mad:

you're right, i completely overlooked those, dunno why...seriously...had other stuff oging on in my mind at the time, but going back to the patsies, let them win another one and MAYBE we'll talk dynasty.

Yankee fan? How bout them Marlins ;)

The Patriots are as close to a Dynasty as the NFL is likely to produce. They have used a philosophy that downplays personalities and stars and emphasizes system and execution, and they have close to the perfect QB to serve as trigger man for their offence. It won't last forever. Who knows, they may fall flat this season, but it's a philosophy that has the potential for more staying power than one that pays big bucks for star power. Peyton Manning is a great QB, maybe the best in the NFL, but IMO they will never win the super bowl because the size of Manning's contract precludes them from getting quality role players to support a run deep in the playoffs. As you can tell, I am not a Patriots fan. However as a fan of the Buffalo Bills, I have to respect what they've done.

WestCoastPhins said:

I can say whatever I want. :tongue:
I actually do not beleive that the Pats are a dynasty....yet. If they win it next year....then they are a dynasty.

But since you said not to say it.........DYNSATY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TerryTate said:
let them win another one and MAYBE we'll talk dynasty.

That next one must be this year or the next (the "next" might be pushing it) for it to even be close to considered a dynasty.

nyjunc said:
I don't know what you are talking about ;)

you sound like my New Yorkan cousins. Act like it never happened. :lol:

blingbling2334 said:
you sound like my New Yorkan cousins. Act like it never happened. :lol:

You can't win it every year, we had many chances to take control of that series but we didn't, the marlins were scrappy and wouldn't die. They reminded me a bit of the '96 Yanks. They deserved to win it and they did, hopefully we can end this 3 season drought this year.

Back
Top Bottom