Pats 2011 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats 2011 Draft

Couldn't have written a better response. Totally in denial. Patrick Chung is one of their recent draft picks.....he had a pretty good game against us if you don't remember. Brandon Tate = Return TD. I know our special teams was abysmal, but these guys made plays.And what did Brady do before he had Moss?? He just won super bowls. I hate the Pats just as much as every Fins fan, and I hate to say it, but none of us can deny their success.

Brandon Tate was a guy that they knew was going to break out this year if you paid any attention to their camps.... they didn't just trade Randy Moss because Belichek is mad at him... he's not that stupid.

The Patriots know when the gettin' is good and when to get out of gettin' got...

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick?

#42..Rob Gronkowski...TE
#113...Aaron Hernandez...TE

Patrick Chung...34 tackles in 3 games
Brandon Tate the reason Moss is gone
Sebastian Vollmer

Jerod Mayo...16 tackles versus the Dolphins...43 tackles this season 3rd in the NFL

The Pats also have 35 players with 3 years or less experience
and the Dolphins have 30 players

They also have this to look forward to

1st Round
1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)
2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)
2nd Round
3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss)
3rd Round
4th Round
4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)
5th Round
6th Round (NO – David Thomas)

which Belichek will convert to more picks in 2011 and 2012

Regardless you have to give the man props with what he has accomplished

So you honestly believe the Patriots are stocked with elite talent? Because all I'm saying is that we were worse, not that they are good. How that has anything to do with Parcells is beyond me. My thoughts on his ability to scout talent are on record and not particularly flattering.

Parcellsitis isn't what you think it is... It affects you without you knowing it.. It makes you justify blowout losses to teams because "they're not that good"... "We're getting close"...

You start listing all of the "hits" that he's managed to make stick on your "talentless roster"...

It's even affecting his own coaching staff... they'll continue to hire and fire coaches and throw everyone under the bus until Ross finally holds THEM accountable... or at least the two that are left...

Don't let it get you Magoo!!.. There's no cure!!

This is why Belichick is a genius. Hell, without him Parcells may have never even won anything as a coach.

And HELL NO are they even thinking about Vincent Jackson. Why in the hell would they want him? They have good talent at good prices because Belichick knows how to work the draft unlike Parcells. What the hell is Jackson going to do for them.

Have you guys not seen Brady work with whoever at receiver before? They will be fine. Tate will step in and be their deep threat. No way in hell do they trade Moss only to turn around and give up more than they got for him to get Vincent ****ing Jackson. GET REAL. Who even thought of that ridiculous notion?

Belichick will just recycle the team like he always does and get the best out of what he has now. Thats why they win a bunch of games every year. After these 8 picks, he will have that defense ****ing roaring again and Im sure it wont be long till he gets a guy to be able to step in for Brady in 3-5 years.

And yep, he was smart enough to pick up Woodhead like I urged our FO to do. But, no. We cant waste our time with good football players at bargain basement prices. We have to get Bobbie Carpenter. What a joke.

Parcellsitis isn't what you think it is... It affects you without you knowing it.. It makes you justify blowout losses to teams because "they're not that good"... "We're getting close"...

You start listing all of the "hits" that he's managed to make stick on your "talentless roster"...

It's even affecting his own coaching staff... they'll continue to hire and fire coaches and throw everyone under the bus until Ross finally holds THEM accountable... or at least the two that are left...

:sidelol: Dude you ****ing kill me. Classic. Parcellsitis. Operation mediocrity.

After these 8 picks, he will have that defense ****ing roaring again and Im sure it wont be long till he gets a guy to be able to step in for Brady in 3-5 years.

You must mean after these 10 picks

1st Round
1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)
2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)
2nd Round
3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss)
3rd Round
4th Round
4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)
5th Round
6th Round (NO – David Thomas)

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything special.

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, Brady is average. Wait and see...
i wish we can decline like them. since 07. 08- 11-5, didnt make the playoffs but thats fluky and 09- win division at 10-6, losing last game bc they didnt care. bottom line, maybe they are not as explosive as they used to be, but they continue to win somehow witht the players they piece together, and they never win less than 9 games. i cant remember the last time they did. they will still be a good team for a while. i hope im wrong, but if they can win with wideouts such as branch, givens, brown, i dont see y they cant win now with these guys.

Oh, okay. I should have guessed you were trying to make a joke rather than a serious point, because there's just no way to defend the notion that the Patriots are a team stocked with elite talent, which you'd frankly expect them to be given how brilliantly they've manipulated their ability to trade players for picks and picks for picks.

It's funny, though, the irony of all this. According to one side of this, anyone who thinks the Dolphins have talent and Sparano is a good coach has a "disease", and on the other side, anyone who criticizes our talent, our coaches or our FO isn't a "fan."

That's what funny about this. But by "funny," of course, I mean pathetic. There's seriously right now a group of posters who come on and crow when we win, and another group who come on and crow when we lose, as if they're not so much rooting for the team or analyzing what happens as they're rooting for their predictions to come true.

Oh, okay. I should have guessed you were trying to make a joke rather than a serious point.

It's funny, though, the irony of all this. According to one side of this, anyone who thinks the Dolphins have talent and Sparano is a good coach has a "disease", and on the other side, anyone who criticizes our talent, our coaches or our FO isn't a "fan."

That's what funny about this. But by "funny," of course, I mean pathetic. There's seriously right now a group of posters who come on and crow when we win, and another group who come on and crow when we lose, as if they're not so much rooting for the team or analyzing what happens as they're rooting for their predictions to come true.

It's absolutely not a joke... you'll see.

There's a fine line between analyzing what happens, making excuses, and complete denial...

I'm with Magoo here. Belichick is great at getting the picks but he is no where near as capable at using them in comparison to getting them. They have have been rebuilding the defense the last couple of years and come up blank. Their defense is terrible. Stop using the Monday night melt down of the Special Teams in the argument. If you insist, look at the Jets game as well. The defense shut that powerful offense down by pressuring Brady.

As WV points out, Brady can work with anyone. Think about that. Anyone.

And no I have not been diagnosed with Parcellitis. I got my booster shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's absolutely not a joke... you'll see.

There's a fine line between analyzing what happens, making excuses, and complete denial...

And it's just as easy for a person with one agenda to explain away success as temporary and not indicative of the talent of the team or it's coaches as it is for a person with another agenda to explain away defeat as temporary and not indicative of the talent of the team, etc etc.

And no I have not been diagnosed with Parcellitis.

I think you have to check with Dr.Slimm before you can be cleared. We cant have this **** spreading. Its already an epidemic. FH may have to be quarentiened.

When's the last time the Pats have hit on a draft pick? You're giving the Pats FO too much credit. They have been in decline since 2007, and believe it or not are rebuilding just like us. Their defense is horrid. Their WR corps just lost their number 1 AND 2. (That's right, Moss demands double coverage so I count him as two WR's) and unless they get VJ their passing game is done. They have no running game. The Pats haven't hit on a draft pick in years. Albeit the jury is still out on some, but most don't look like they'll be anything special.

And to say that Brady is in his prime...LMFAO! Without Moss, Brady is average. Wait and see...

didnt that same average Tom Brady win SB's without Randy Moss and some ragtag wr core?

Back
Top Bottom