Pats OC Weis sabotaging team's chances? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats OC Weis sabotaging team's chances?

Originally posted by pats4life

Not to cause a riot but I would take Ty Law over either of your corners, he has been a great player and continues to be. Surtain is great player in his own right and perhaps if he keeps up play this solid for as many years then we can talk about comparing him to Ty. I also would take our safties Harrision and Wilson over Knight and Marion, just an opinion.

Yeah, and I'd take a $5 bill over a $50 bill...
Yeah, and I'd take McDonalds over Outback Steakhouse...
Yeah and I'd take KD Lang over Vida Guerra...
(you get the point)

Originally posted by unclemonty

Yeah, and I'd take a $5 bill over a $50 bill...
Yeah, and I'd take McDonalds over Outback Steakhouse...
Yeah and I'd take KD Lang over Vida Guerra...
(you get the point)

Yea I get the point we are 10 and 2, fighting for home field advantage througout the playoffs while we shine our ring from two years ago, while our better players are having a better season. :)

You are 8 and 4, fighting to just to get into the playoffs, while you you try and remeber 1972, while your lacking players and coaches are trying to convience yourselves that you can win in December for a change! :eek:

I think I got the point, question is do you?

Yea I get the point we are 10 and 2, fighting for home field advantage througout the playoffs while we shine our ring from two years ago, while our better players are having a better season. :)

You are 8 and 4, fighting to just to get into the playoffs, while you you try and remeber 1972, while your lacking players and coaches are trying to convience yourselves that you can win in December for a change! :eek:

He's got a point guys.
Until we put up we need to shut up.

agree den54. our recent play in december(esp. last year), gives others the right to trash talk about our struggles in cold weather late in the year. Until we change that with solid wins, we really have no argument. And believeme, as a NYC fin fan, thats ALL i hear come december. I hope to change that this year, but this game worries me. Hope Jay can keep it up! If we play like we played ag. Dallas, it should be another blow out.

Ok quick analysis of Law and Surtain, factor out Laws 1st 3 years to match Surtains years in the NFL.
More INT's Pat, More Sacks Pat,Passes Defended Ty.
I dont see WHY Ty over Pat. Pat shuts em down. Sure you have a better record so far this year but really nothing is worth anything unless you win it all. Save it for the SB and get ready for this week.

I am sure you'll be back should you win, I hope you return if you lose!

Yea I get the point we are 10 and 2, fighting for home field advantage througout the playoffs while we shine our ring from two years ago, while our better players are having a better season.

You are 8 and 4, fighting to just to get into the playoffs, while you you try and remeber 1972, while your lacking players and coaches are trying to convience yourselves that you can win in December for a change!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont forget we got a couple of SB rings too. Whether it be 2 years ago or 20 we still lead that category too. Whats important is this weekend. IF(big if) we win we are one game back and have the edge in a tie breaker should you slip up again.

Dont be counting those chickens just yet.

Originally posted by knoxpk
Yea I get the point we are 10 and 2, fighting for home field advantage througout the playoffs while we shine our ring from two years ago, while our better players are having a better season.

You are 8 and 4, fighting to just to get into the playoffs, while you you try and remeber 1972, while your lacking players and coaches are trying to convience yourselves that you can win in December for a change!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont forget we got a couple of SB rings too. Whether it be 2 years ago or 20 we still lead that category too. Whats important is this weekend. IF(big if) we win we are one game back and have the edge in a tie breaker should you slip up again.

Dont be counting those chickens just yet.

Try 30 yrs and I'm tired of waiting.
Lets get her done this year.

den54 I get your point. But really whats a PAST SB stand for anyway. You were the best ONCE. Even the Bucs can't look to that for comfort. BUT for teams that had never won any its a MAJOR monkey off the back(right Bills?)..Just wanted to point that out as the Pats are shining there rings from 2 years ago..I hope they are shining them up good this week. We will be prepared and they will have shiny rings. Fins 24 Pats 10.
Surtain 1 pick off, O-gun 2 sacks, J taylor 1.5 sacks. Pats rushing 99 yars mostly of draws and elays while we play prevent in the 4th qtr.

Last 4 years.....

Law - 58 games....13 INTs
Surtain - 57 games....21 INTs

Whatever it's worth.

I picked 4 years because Surtain has been a starter for 4 years.

I think Law is still one of the best CBs in the league. No question. But I don't think he's above Surtain. They're both elite/Top 5.

Stop being nice..........Law can't carry Surtain's jock strap with a forklift.

Law WAS Surtain's equal......NOT ANYMORE.

Let me see, while we're apperantly are trying to remember 72 you're Shining your ring from 2 yrs ago...? Did I get that right?

So, because you have won a SB more recently that means what? :confused: Maybe I missed a flyer, Did the Bucs make you guys champs last week?

Don't refer to the past, make all the bias comments and opinions that you want, but we both know that the historical signifagence of your franchise is a joke - check that, a laughing stock.

Meanwhile the dolphins are one of the most celebrated and historically rich franchises in the NFL, stick with the now and predict the future - the past is not where you want to go.....

Originally posted by Pigskin_Pimp82

Let me see, while we're apperantly are trying to remember 72 you're Shining your ring from 2 yrs ago...? Did I get that right?

So, because you have won a SB more recently that means what? :confused: Maybe I missed a flyer, Did the Bucs make you guys champs last week?

Don't refer to the past, make all the bias comments and opinions that you want, but we both know that the historical signifagence of your franchise is a joke - check that, a laughing stock.

Meanwhile the dolphins are one of the most celebrated and historically rich franchises in the NFL, stick with the now and predict the future - the past is not where you want to go.....

We can always talk about the present if you like, unfortunatatly for you that points to the Patriots as well, as for past history, we have been to the Super Bowl three times since you have been there once, so you rich history is not really worth that much as is history in the NFL at all! My point before when I said that I would take Ty Law or Pat Surtain was that Ty is a proven winner who has won games and saved games for New England, just take a look at the win against the Titans earlier this year Ty law playing on a badly sprained ankle returns a McNair pass for a touch down to insure the win, thats a money play, thats why I would take Ty. Last point about Ty is that for the last 5 years he has always played against the other teams number one reciever because we have not had a coner to compliment until this year with Tyrone Pool so teams usally in the past stayed away from him and that would explain the higher number of INT's by Surtain. So once again in my opinion I would take Ty Law for all the points mentioned above.

What the Hell does a Championship have to do w/ anything? Ted Williams never won a World Series, do you really think his career is tainted as a result?

And there's nothing wrong w/ bringing up history. You will rarely find a sports argument w/o any history being brought up...I'm a Red Sox fan, we hear about 1918 everyday of the season. Saying 'We have won a Super Bowl more recently than you have so we must be better' makes no sense though. Yes, the Dolphins haven't been to a Super Bowl since 1984, yes, the Patriots have been to 3 since then. So?

The Ravens won in 2000, so is their history better than Miami's? Will Trent Dilfer and Tom Brady be seen as all-time greats simply because they won a title? Hell no.

However, if you are ahead of someone in the standings, you cannot win an argument simply by saying '10-2'(ie, your record). That merely conveys to me that you know nothing about the topic and feel as if rehashing the same point over and over will help you 'win' the argument. 'The Bengals have sucked horribly the past 6-7 years, so obviously they suck overall' See, that statement is false because not everything is being considered. Just remember, the best team doesn't always win...(See: Patsies-Rams in 2001 Super Bowl).

By the way, Surtain is recognized as one of the top 2 cornerbacks in the league. The other one is not Ty Law, seeing as he has slacked off the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom