Pats sign Stubblefield | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Stubblefield

FlyingElvis

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not sure what he has left. He was probably brought in to add depth to the line. They lost Rodney Bailey, who they signed from the Steelers as a RFA, for the year due to injury.

Is it just me, or is Bellichick (sp?) being un-bellichick this year?

He always goes with what he has, but this year the Pats have been signing some big names.

Just an observation.

Well like I said, this was a move likely necessitated by the Bailey loss. They can afford to take a flyer on a older vet since they have a young defensive line with a lot of upside.

But you are right, he's taken more flyers this year on questionable character (Dillon, Cedric Cobbs) and on veterans he's hoping will be motivated by a shot at a ring. ("Big Cat" Williams, Stubblefield). It worked great last year with Harrison who seemed rejuvenated.

edit: oops, of course Stubblefield has a ring.

yankeehillbilly said:
Wow, is he still alive?
If the Dolphins signed him, it would be considered the second coming around here. :D

FlyingElvis said:
Not sure what he has left. He was probably brought in to add depth to the line. They lost Rodney Bailey, who they signed from the Steelers as a RFA, for the year due to injury.

I thought that he retired ....

LOL !!

:roflmao:

Marino1983

Simply replaces Bailey who was a backup to Willie McGinest. At best, he plays a small role in their rotation. Unless he's just here to take reps. during camp and is cut.

Stubb will never see the field................

Stubblefield is a good sign for them, he wont be a 50 snap guy but he is a veteran that knows what it takes. he will help them, unfortunately.

FlyingElvis said:
If the Dolphins signed him, it would be considered the second coming around here. :D

Only from the "I've heard of him let's sign him" brigade. Oakland were crying for Dline help last year and now that he was not retained tells you a lot about his productivity, or lack thereof.

Surely he is not a backup for Willie? Where in the rotation do you envision him? You have some very yong DTs already, plus Traylor.

Back
Top Bottom