Pay cut request removed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pay cut request removed

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Reaction score
The team wants Jay Fiedler back enough that it has rescinded its request for the quarterback to take a pay cut next season.

Yeah, Spielman is calling all the shots here.... NOT!
I'm so disgusted with this team I don't know what to think anymore!

So much for turning over a new leaf and starting anew for this team. After all the positive moves they are making they are going to leave possibly the biggest seething wound of a veteran they could on the roster AND pay him a full salary. This wreaks of a team division going into the season and possibly into it. You make a move and tell your team that their starting QB isn't enough and were going in another direction only to bring that QB back? What does that tell the team about AJ Feeley? Does it make them rally around their new leader or make them question who the hell their leader should be?\

How bout the cap space were supposed to clear up by Jay's release. Do we not have positions that need upgrading through FA. The same QB that isn't good enough for our coaches and FO to keeep as a starter is now good enogh to keep his same salary he had as a starter and keep us from making a move on another player we need for the upcoming year!?!?!

Make any sense? Not to me. It's pure ignorance.
If Jay comes back at all it should be with a pay cut!
Unreal! :rolleyes:

For all your Jay is great supporters out there.
Think about this.....

Jay would'nt be coming back if he had ANY INTEREST AT ALL from other teams that think he's good enough to be a starter!

how about...

maybe Rick has been talking to some people who can use jay and are willing to pay that salery and maybe we can get a 2nd pick for him next year, or some OL or maybe even if he got any skillz he can Trade JAy for some Apple Pie

Originally posted by Mindwarp
how about...

maybe Rick has been talking to some people who can use jay and are willing to pay that salery and maybe we can get a 2nd pick for him next year, or some OL or maybe even if he got any skillz he can Trade JAy for some Apple Pie

That is the only hope I now carry....

Otherwise I've lost complete faith in the whole organization!

It Seems To Me As If...

During Jay's tenure here that WannSpiel and Co. are afraid to hurt his feelings so to speak, they act like if they cut Jay he's gonna assassinate them or something, but you gotta do what you gotta do and tell him he ain't worth 3.7 Mil a year

I nearly hurled this morning reading this.

BAD MOVE if Fiedler sticks around.

It sets up deviseness within the team. Speilman's guy vs DW's guy; players taking sides on who should be the team's QB. Fiedler will be a cancer on the team if he loses out to AJ because Jay will never admit someone is better than him or has a bigger upside.

Bad bad move IMO.

Fiedler has got to go one way or another!

Re: Re: Pay cut request removed

Originally posted by Acrunch
I nearly hurled this morning reading this.

BAD MOVE if Fiedler sticks around.

It sets up deviseness within the team. Speilman's guy vs DW's guy; players taking sides on who should be the team's QB. Fiedler will be a cancer on the team if he loses out to AJ because Jay will never admit someone is better than him or has a bigger upside.

Bad bad move IMO.

Fiedler has got to go one way or another!

:lol:
I felt sick to my stomach reading it as well

I see it he exact same way.
If they were going to keep Jay around then they just should'nt have made a move at all at QB.

Dude, I started a thread this morning on this and after a while I had to leave my house before I broke something. How stupid is this?WTF is the FO thinking now?

Ozzy rules!!

I don't know why the Dolphins would possibly keep Fiedler around without making him take a paycut. Removing the request is just a bad decision if we want to keep him around. Assuming that we traded for Feeley for him to start, you don't give 3.7 million to a backup QB.

wow, gonna be alot of empty seats this year. some things never change.

I believe maybe the first mistake is wanne him and fiedler should leave together.

i find it hard to beleive they won t at least restructure jays contract to be more cap friendly....if he is going to stay and compete for qb job...somethings up....hmmmmm

Here's another scenario, Maybe the front office is just floating these rumers to get back at the dissenters.:evil: :lol:

would mean they have quite a sense of humour......lol

Back
Top Bottom