Pay cut request removed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pay cut request removed

Spielman is definitely calling the shots. I've had a feeling for a while now that Spielman really thinks in the wake of the Brunell thing that he can get some fair trade value for Jay Fiedler. I mean, if Washington will give a 3rd and like $40 million for Brunell, and there were no shortage of teams lookin for his services...especially with the news that Martz vehemently denies that he'll trade Warner (and its believable, cuz they'd take a $4 million LOSS if they did it)

I guess it stands to reason there are some teams out there lookin for a veteran backup or a guy that can take over and help them win while a pedigreed rookie develops. Fiedler is like the perfect guy for a rookie developing QB to eventually beat...and some teams are already losing so what they got to lose with a guy that has as good a winning record as Jay.

I think Spielman is withdrawing the paycut to make teams believe that we really WILL keep him, if they don't pony up in trade. I can see Spiel asking for a 3rd round pick, and accepting like a 4th rounder or 5th. If we get no bites and really need the money, there's always June 1st

Hello everyone, been a lurker here since I found this board about two months back. I just had to register and comment, with the soap opera that has been the off-season.

Man, where to start? Well, I think the FO overpayed for Feeley, but he does have the 'potential' thing going for him where with Fiedler we know exactly what we've got. An inaccurate QB with an average arm and prone to injury. I give him credit for some gutsy performances, but just can't believe he will take us anywhere. Not after four years.

I don't want to believe Fiedler would be kept by the FO at his current salary. That is insane. Either he is a vastly overpayed back-up, or the FO is already, in effect, saying that Feeley isn't good enough to start. With a big salary cut, and the understanding he is #2, I can live with having Jay around.

Has anyone tossed out the idea of trading Jay to the Redskins? He would the second vet QB that Gibbs wants, with a chance to start if Brunnell struggles or gets hurt. Jay and a #3 pick for Ramsey? Then let Feeley and Ramsey battle it out.

Or some package deal that includes O-gun, a swap of #1s and we get the Skins #2? Or is that taken with the Denver deal? A package deal would be a nightmare to put together anyway, so I am dreaming here. :D

Is all speculation...

There no way the team will stick with Fiedler current salary unless they aren't too sure about Feeley.Also we need to take into consideration how A.J deal will be structure.A.J is better than he will beat out Jay or ay will raise his level of play so I don't care about competition.All you Jay haters should be happy to know someone was brought in to compete with Jay.In a way I see as benefit for Jay because he is not a sure upgrade like a Brunell.If anything I think Jay benefits from A.J Feeley trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Food for thought taken from http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8069937.htm

--------------
"Fiedler, 35-17 as a starter, makes a too-easy scapegoat here. Suddenly, he was to blame for that unimaginative playcalling, for one of the NFL's weakest offensive lines, and for a receiver corps that, after Chris Chambers, also was among the league's worst."
--------------
"Fiedler is average, decent in his duties, not derelict. He is neither a Pro Bowl player nor an Akili Smith. This bears repeating because of the disproportionate, nearly insane anti-Fiedler sentiment among so many Dolfans. Even Le Bawrong, in calling Fiedler below average, regurgitates a lazy opinion unbacked by particular evidence."
--------------------
"Not to let facts get in the way here, but consider a comparison of league-wide averages and Fiedler's averages for his four seasons as the Dolphins starter:

Completion percentage: league, 57.9; Fiedler, 59.1.

Touchdown-pass-to-interception ratio: league, 1.2-1; Fiedler, 1.1-1.

Yards per attempt: league, 6.49; Fiedler, 6.97."
-------------------

Greg Cote and Lebaretart don't get along? LOL!!!!!

Stop overreacting like a bunch of ninnies and try looking at the facts first.

FACT- by releasing Fiedler now the 'Fins save nothing against the cap.
FACT- by waiting until June 1st to release him they save $2million against the cap.
FACT- the 'Fins are about to sign a new QB who will be getting a large amount of coin; you don't pay a guy AND give up draft picks so he can come in and sit on the bench.

Stop crying and just look at the FACTS for a moment...all of you.

I'm for one not crying :) I'd like to see Feeley and Jay's contract worked out so that whoever wins out in camp gets the 3.5 mill/year and the other 1.5 or so......either that or actually get someone who is considered top notch or a top notch draft pick.

jbond. Now that is a clever idea. Let them duke it out for the bigger contract. :lol: We would see some heated battles then man.

Back
Top Bottom