PB Post: If Eagles trade up to #2 Dolphins have better shot at Ezekiel Elliott | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PB Post: If Eagles trade up to #2 Dolphins have better shot at Ezekiel Elliott

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]There’s a lot of buzz thatthe Philadelphia and Cleveland are working out a trade that would land the Eagles the No. 2overall pick, and put them in a position to draft a quarterback.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fox Sports’ Alex Marvezhad the most detailed report, saying the Eagles would likely have to give up a2017 first-round and third-round pick to make it happen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If this trade actually happen, it would have ramifications on the Dolphins, whoselect at No. 13.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. toldreporters on Tuesday that there’s buzz Miami could trade up and select Ohio Staterunning back Ezekiel Elliott.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But if the Eagles move up it takes away the biggest Ezekiel threat ahead of Miami.

More at LINK: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/04/20/if-eagles-trade-up-to-no-2-dolphins-have-better-shot-at-landing-ezekiel-elliott/ :ponder:

When Iread that Philly might want to move up i instantly thought that Tannenbaum will provide them with additional needed picks to do so. I could see up offwring a third or better to take their 8 giving them ammo needed t o climb the draft ladder.

either way with all the trades out there by all the Qb needy teams, I have a feeling Zeke or Hagreaves will fall to 13. Do you know even the Jets tried to trade up with the Titans ? Yikes!!!! that would have cost them a lot.

I think there's a good chance that Cleveland would take him at 8 if they trade down so nothing gained...

Someone actually wrote a article about this?

These guys create stories out of anything around draft time.

I think there's a good chance that Cleveland would take him at 8 if they trade down so nothing gained...

With the direction their front office seems to be heading in, I am not sure taking a RB in the top 10 is something they will strongly consider.

Someone actually wrote a article about this?

These guys create stories out of anything around draft time.

What I was thinking.

these dudes are pumping out articles so fast theyre just throwing out their thoughts to get clicks

Actually Bosa has a better chance of falling in the draft.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Player
The Chicago Sun-Times' Adam Jahns reports Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is "squarely" on the Bears' radar at No. 11 overall.
The Bears flirted with restricted free agent C.J. Anderson before he ultimately signed an offer sheet with the Dolphins that was matched by Denver. Chicago clearly has interest in adding talent to its backfield, and Elliott visited Halas Hall earlier this week and has said he'd love to play for the Bears. RBs coach Stan Drayton recruited Elliott to Ohio State and coached him there before joining the Bears' staff last season. Elliott figures to be a top-15 pick next week.
Related: Bears
Source: Chicago Sun-Times Apr 22 - 10:42 AM

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Player
The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Dolphins have "strong interest" in Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott.
The Dolphins would need some things to break in their favor for Elliott to fall to them at 13th overall, but the Eagles moving up from No. 8 to No. 2 to select a quarterback has eliminated what seemed to be Miami's biggest competition for Elliott. The Cowboys at No. 4 overall are still a dark horse for Elliott, but they may luck into Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey or Ohio State DE Joey Bosa. The Dolphins haven't done anything to replace Lamar Miller in the backfield.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Miami Herald Apr 22 - 9:25 AM

Caution; this is the season of disinformation. I know that.

<snipped>
EDT
SAN DIEGO, CA - DECEMBER 20: Jay Ajayi #23 of the Miami Dolphins scores a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium on December 20, 2015 in San Diego, California. (Photo by Todd Warshaw/Getty Images) Getty Images

Lamar Miller jumped from the Dolphins to the Texans as a free agent this offseason and Miami’s pursuit of C.J. Anderson and Chris Johnson ended when those players returned to their teams.

That leaves Miami with a depth chart that features Jay Ajayi, Damien Williams, Daniel Thomas and Isaiah Pead, which is a group that many people think needs to be fortified before the start of the 2016 season. During a pre-draft press conference on Friday, General Manager Chris Grier did his best to suggest otherwise.

Grier said the Dolphins are “comfortable” moving forward with their current group of backs and that their skill sets fit with what coach Adam Gase has had success with in the past. Grier did add that the team would consider players at every position, however, and it seems likely that they’ll address the position at some point in the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...yre-comfortable-with-running-backs-on-roster/

Caution; this is the season of disinformation. I know that.

<snipped>
EDT
SAN DIEGO, CA - DECEMBER 20: Jay Ajayi #23 of the Miami Dolphins scores a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium on December 20, 2015 in San Diego, California. (Photo by Todd Warshaw/Getty Images) Getty Images

Lamar Miller jumped from the Dolphins to the Texans as a free agent this offseason and Miami’s pursuit of C.J. Anderson and Chris Johnson ended when those players returned to their teams.

That leaves Miami with a depth chart that features Jay Ajayi, Damien Williams, Daniel Thomas and Isaiah Pead, which is a group that many people think needs to be fortified before the start of the 2016 season. During a pre-draft press conference on Friday, General Manager Chris Grier did his best to suggest otherwise.

Grier said the Dolphins are “comfortable” moving forward with their current group of backs and that their skill sets fit with what coach Adam Gase has had success with in the past. Grier did add that the team would consider players at every position, however, and it seems likely that they’ll address the position at some point in the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...yre-comfortable-with-running-backs-on-roster/

We have to be "comfortable" with it. We are the ones who created this hole with much more pressing needs to fill ATM.

Back
Top Bottom