PBP: Jets WR Brandon Marshall goes hard after Dolphins CB Byron Maxwell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PBP: Jets WR Brandon Marshall goes hard after Dolphins CB Byron Maxwell

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
Dolphins cornerback Byron Maxwell is one of the most easygoing, soft-spoken personalities in the locker room and he’s never been part of a nasty on-field feud. He’s about to be.

Former Miami receiver Brandon Marshall ratcheted up the always tense Dolphins-Jets week by savaging Maxwell because “he holds every play” and adding that he can’t wait to line up across from him Sunday because “I owe him one.” Maxwell, who faced Marshall once in his career, was dumbfounded by the attack.

“I don’t think nothing about it,” he said Thursday. “Just play the game Sunday. That’s what it is… But I’m cool. I really am.”

He had no idea why Marshall took issue with him and said he’s never been called out publicly by any opponent.

“I might be doing something right now, huh?” Maxwell said as his fellow defensive backs jokingly tried to goad him into firing back at Marshall. As for whether he did indeed hold Marshall on every play in their previous encounter, he laughed and said, “No. Of course not. I never hold.”

Marshall’s words were clearly intended to deliver a message to the officials in advance of Sunday’s game at Hard Rock Stadium (1 p.m., CBS), which will be his first time playing in South Florida since the Dolphins traded him in 2012.

Maxwell is new to Miami, which acquired him and middle linebacker Kiko Alonso by swapping first-round picks with Philadelphia in March. Marshall furthered his relentless takedown of Maxwell by calling the deal “a great trade for the Eagles” and posited that the Dolphins picked up Maxwell solely to stop him.

“I don’t know him, but I don’t like him,” Marshall told New York reporters Wednesday. “I’m being honest with you. I never had a conversation with this guy. I think he’s probably a really nice guy. He seems like a really nice guy. He doesn’t say much on the field, but he holds every single play. I don’t like it.”

The only time these two faced each other was early last season. Maxwell was flagged twice for holding, and Marshall piled up 109 yards and a touchdown on 10 catches. Maxwell said there was very little dialogue between the two — “He might’ve said a couple words to me, but I don’t really talk.” That game irritates Marshall more than a year later.

More at LINK: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...olphins-byron-maxwell/WjTvPf0kEekzTUBiYJYF4H/

Seems like Brandon's trying to psych himself up a bit. Your thoughts?

Marshall is definitely a guy that you can get in his head early and throw him off of his game.......DO IT!

Back
Top Bottom