PBP - Live Blog — August 11 Training Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PBP - Live Blog — August 11 Training Camp

Fin-Fan-13

Starter
Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...008/08/11/live_blog_august_11_training_c.html

“We’re kind of out of the hurtin’ people’s feeling business right now,” Tony Sparano said this morning. “We’re getting into the real deal here.”

These practices are especially important for Josh McCown and John Beck. Did you see this item from Peter King this morning? He expects Beck to get cut, and he won’t get many sniffs from other teams once he is available.

Interesting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

I honestly can't see this front office cutting Beck over McCown. I know Beck represents the old regime and all that noise but I can't see Parcells/Ireland cutting a 26 yr old QB with plenty of upside in favor of McCown whos been nothing less than dismal in his journeyman career.

Beck is very attractive QB for a West coast offense. And if Miami cuts him, I bet he lands in San Diego as a back up.

What the heck is that fool talking about? We are going to keep an expensive career backup for a kid with potential.

Face it, every time Parcels takes over an organization (this is his 4th) the majority of his players are from "someone else's regime". So what?

Facts are Beck has plenty of upside. We are gonna keep him. He will probably start some games this year due to injury or what have you.

Peter King is a worthless, know nothing who gets a lot of money for gossiping and or using the media to tell information that quite frankly is public knowledge in the end anyways. He tells us 10 minutes before it is irrefutable fact that is plain to see for everyone.

Someone help this fool get a real job!

I honestly can't see this front office cutting Beck over McCown. I know Beck represents the old regime and all that noise but I can't see Parcells/Ireland cutting a 26 yr old QB with plenty of upside in favor of McCown whos been nothing less than dismal in his journeyman career.

I see your point, although if Pennington goes down, I could see the front office wanting someone with a few years of experience under his belt taking the helm instead of Beck.

I say we we just bring back Brian geise and say not to simms . iok just jivin ya but i think Beck has not showed me anything and he makes sage and Brian Greise look like Dan Marino. i think we really should have kept Guss Ferrotte and move sage to the 32 spot and drafted brady quinn.

I would assume Baltimore would take a look at Beck if he were to be cut, since the guy who was always so high on him went there to be a coordinator.

I think San Francisco is a more likely destination.

My bet would be San Francisco as Mike Martz really liked him coming out. But, I don't see any way he gets cut unless he starts ****ting the bed from here through the rest of training camp and preseason.

Geeeezzzzzzzz!

I thought this was a TC thread.

Don't you folks have enough QB threads going?

Blog updated.

McCown and Beck are both here. Guess Sparano was serious when he said he would work out all four quarterbacks.

With injuries to Porter, Anderson and Kelvin Smith (“serious” knee injury, Sparano said) not practicing, the Dolphins have added OLB Maurice Fountain from the Utah Blaze in the Arena Football League. You may remember him from his four years as a defensive end at Clemson (2001-04). Fountain apparently was named to the AFL’s 2008 All-Rookie Team, and also spent some time with the Manchester Wolves of AFL2.

I say we we just bring back Brian geise and say not to simms . iok just jivin ya but i think Beck has not showed me anything and he makes sage and Brian Greise look like Dan Marino. i think we really should have kept Guss Ferrotte and move sage to the 32 spot and drafted brady quinn.

wolverine...i mean brian griese is garbage

Doesnt sound like Pennington had a good first couple of reps. Hope he gets better as the day goes on.

Geeeezzzzzzzz!

I thought this was a TC thread.

Don't you folks have enough QB threads going?

Unfortunately QBs are part of TC and while they are, they take center stage until we have our guy of the present and future. It's just the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom