pending free agent qbs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

pending free agent qbs

nyfinzfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
list may be wrong..... let me know heres what i came up with

Obviously Brunell and Warner will be available heres some others with i think feely and mcmahon restricted

AJ Feely Phi not bad restricted
Mike Mcmahon Det mobile restricted
Kerry Collins NYG Big Arm immobile coming off bad year
Tim Rattay Sf restricted and they may keep him over Garcia
Marc Bulger Stl same here except Warner

Id take A)Brunell B)Collins.. he'll probably stay in NY however c)Feely

neither brunel or warner are very effective making plays on the run and as long as our offensive line isnt doing theyre job an immobile quarterback is out of the question.............i think our o-line is our first priority this offseason

I'm all for Brunell, Rattay, or Garcia (if the right offense is installed). The rest of those guys don't strike me as sure enough things. I'm particularly against Collins because I have never personally seen him in a game where he has played well. That's probably a silly reason, but it does weigh on my evaluation...

Collins is crap IMO
You thought Griese was slow? Watch this guy try to run.

Where's the "None of the Above" option. Seriously, not a single one of those guys are any better than what we have now. Sure they're different but different doesn't mean better...see Derrius Thompson for that one.

What do you mean? There is no voting so how is there a OPTION for none of the above

i would take Warner IF he takes a low salary (like girese had for his first season). the reason being is

A). maybe he's done with the injur bug, and has the proper time off to recover.

B). he has helped Bulger a LOT. without Warner i don't think Bulger would be winning. Waner has leadership, and maybe can mentor a young QB.

the negitives

C) his stupid *** wife... geez i hate her.

but i would only take warner on 2 conditions.

A). Fiedler fixes his contract up for less money.

B). if we draft a young QB.

Id take Brunell. He's pretty used to playing behind bad offensive lines from Jacksonville, just his age is a drawback.

Brunell for two years then DRAFT A QB IN THE EARLY ROUNDS.

screw all that, keep Fiedler another two years only to show Rivers how to scramble in the NFL. Rivers if you dont know has a quick release and great vision and is a RUNNER ha sound like our type of QB yes.

i think rivers is gonna be really good. but he's still a ? mark... who knows. i (and mel kiper) believe he can be our QB of the future.

i would still prefer Manning, and Rothlesburger.

Originally posted by canephin
screw all that, keep Fiedler another two years only to show Rivers how to scramble in the NFL. Rivers if you dont know has a quick release and great vision and is a RUNNER ha sound like our type of QB yes.

If we are going to keep a QB that can't throw just for scrambling ability cut Fiedler loose and we'll just put Travis Minor Back at QB!
We can run the wishbone offense with Travis playing along with Ricky and Konrad! :rolleyes:

I think we should give Ricky Ray a shot from the CFL this year.

I know it's the CFL but he made things happen, I got to watch him play live and he was clear cut better then eveyrone else.

He will be cheap and may be a good #2 qb even.
Tall slanky mobile and quick, and accurate are all great features in a qb

Ricky Ray
348/515 67.6%pct, 4640yards, 35Td's. Long pass 103 yards (CFL field is 105 yards), 13ints, 108.1 QB Rating

62 rush for 352 yards, 5.7avg. Long of 32 with 2TD's

2003 playoffs
45/64 70.3% 669 yards, 3 TD.s 0ints 119.2 QB rating

14 rush for 62 yards 4.4avg, 2 TD's

Those are some excellent numbers keep in mind he's only 24. And I feel we should at least give him a tryout, plus i bet he'll be cheap

Back
Top Bottom