Pennington never healthy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington never healthy

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Ok, just thinking, everyone of the jets fans that jump our site talk about their QB being out and they would win this or be that, well this guy has not played a whole season yet, every year he is out like six or nine weeks, he is a great jay fiedler so far, one playoff win, and cant stay healthy the entire year. He may be a bust

this is so very true he really could be another injury prone fielder esk type player. his frame is not the nfl type frame to hold up over a 16 week schedule either. i look for thier season to turn for the worse now he is out. i also look for this to be a re-accouring problem that could spell his release sooner than later if it happens for a 3rd straight year. and if it doesnt get him out in new york they better take a long look at the problem and asess it wisley. letting vinny go is coming back on them now a?? the jets and thier fans better take this seriously instead of lashing out at us fin fans saying we are just mad this could be a real problem for them.

I actually thought that Quincy was serviceable.. clock management and poor play calling in the redzone cost them that game..

But ya, Penny is never healthy

His first injury was a freak injury in the preseason. Can't hold that against him.

This last one shows he might be fragile. But the jury is still out. I think the Jets are just fine with him and if I were a Jets fan I wouldn't be concerened.

This is only his 2ND year as a starter. Last years injury was a freak injury. His 1 st year as a starter came when Vinny went down vs. Jax. and he led the Jets to the Playoffs.
Is McNair fragile?? Is Leftwich fragile?? Is David Boston Fragile?? How about Feely and Fiedler???
This is the NFL...injuries happen

Every year? He didn't start '02 as the starter and when h came in he played every game. Last year he had a fluke injury and missed half the year and this year he'll miss a few games.

Yes Pennington is getting to be injury prone. I know it's a rough league but he has yet to make it through an entire season. that's one of Jay's problems.

muscle979 said:
Yes Pennington is getting to be injury prone. I know it's a rough league but he has yet to make it through an entire season. that's one of Jay's problems.
One thing about Jay, he was a very tough SOB, he played until hurt all the time.

2 injuries...one of them being a freak injury hardly makes someone injury prone.

it is 2004 so he has been starting for three years and has not made it a whole season yet, listening to the FAN today up here in philly, they are saying he has a complete tear and the is about six weeks so this season may be over also

Bonedoc7777 said:
it is 2004 so he has been starting for three years and has not made it a whole season yet, listening to the FAN today up here in philly, they are saying he has a complete tear and the is about six weeks so this season may be over also

Again, in 2002 he was not the opening day starter. He took over in the 1st qtr of the 4th game and played every game the rest of the way including 2 playoff games. Last year he had a fluke injury. He may be hurt more serious but the WFAN guys are just speculating and have no idea how badly he is really hurt.

Back
Top Bottom