People need to relax | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People need to relax

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Seems people are freaking out that Miami blew such a huge lead Sunday, or that Miami won, and blew a chance at getting the best QB or the best defensive player in the draft.

In a way I understand, too many years seeing the same script year in and year out, but this is a different time occuring in front of us.

I will be honest, I would have loved Burrow and the type of offense he would have brought us, or I was actually thinking we might still have a chance at such a special defensive player like Young...our pass-rush would have been far different with him in there.

Yet, it does not matter, because this new coaching staff has done something we have not seen since I was in highschool, maybe early College (For those that don't know, that is a long time ago), the staff has actually developed players.

Parker has become a scary weapon, put extra attention on him, and cover him hard, and have you heard about Gesicki, cover both, other players will actually make plays...And that's not even considering when Preston Williams comes back, talk about pick you poison.

Miami might have no chance at the best QB, or the best pass-rusher in the draft, but there are other talented QBs in this draft, including, though extremely iffy Tua, who if miraculously can come back to who he once was, would turn around Miami's offense to a point if a defense kept Miami between 20 - 24 points, that could be considered a win on their part.

Some people don't like Fromm, but he is extremely smart, very accurate, and perfect for a team that wants to grind it out 60/40.

A good amount of people don't like the idea of taking Herbert, but the guy has physical tools that with the right coaching could have Miami picking a very good player.

Eason, Love, Hurts are three players that have talent, but people don't know what to make of them...Well 1st off, if they are willing to work (Interview will show what they're made of), a team that can develop talent could make any of them reach their potential...They all do have high potential.

Just because Burrow is out of our reach, and Tua may never be the same QB again does not mean we still don't have a shot at a quality QB in the NFL.

Tom Brady at best was an ok Backup.

Patrick Mahomes was a possible starter with some work.

Lamar Jackson was a possible starter/backup.

Russell Wilson was too short, maybe a backup.

Kurt Warner was a nobody that was only there to keep the position warm.

Aaron Rodgers was too short to be seen as a true starter.

Dan Marino is too much of a gambling gunslinger, and might have a possible drug problem.

Point: Though we have our favorites in the draft, nobody really can measure what's inside a player, and truely nobody can feel 100% comfortable they know who the next great QB will be.

Last edited:
Seems people are freaking out that Miami blew such a huge lead Sunday, or that Miami won, and blew a chance at getting the best QB or the best defensive player in the draft.

In a way I understand, too many years seeing the same script year in and year out, but this is a different time occuring in front of us.

I will be honest, I would have loved Burrows and the type of offense he would have brought us, or I was actually thinking we might still have.a chance at such a special defensive player like Young...our pass-rush would have been far different with him in there.

Yet, it does not matter, because this new coaching staff has done something we have not seen since I was in highschool , maybe early College (For those that don't know, that is a long time ago), the staff has actually developed players.

Parker has become a scary weapon, put extra attention on him, and cover him hard, and have you heard about Gesicki, cover both, other players will actually make plays...And that's not even considering when Preston Williams comes back, talk about pick you poison.

Miami might have no chance at the best QB, or the best pass-rusher in the draft, but there are other talented QBs in this draft, including, though extremely iffy Tua, who if miraculously can come back to who he once was, would turn around Miami's offense to a point if a defense kept Miami between 20 - 24 points, that could be considered a win on their part.

Some people don't like Fromm, but he is extremely smart, very accurate, and perfect for a team that wants to grind it out 60/40.

A good amount of people don't like the idea of taking Herbert, but the guy has physical tools that with the right coaching could have Miami picking a very good player.

Eason, Love, Hurts are three players that have talent, but people don't know what to make of them...Well 1st off, if they are will to work (Interview will show what thry're made of), a team that can develop talent could make any of them reach their potential...They all do have high potential.

Just because Burrow is out of our reach, and Tua may never be the same QB again does not mean we still don't have a shot at a quality QB in the NFL.

Lamar Jackson was a posdible starter/backup.

Dan Marino is too much of a gambling gunslinger, and might have a possible drug problem.

Point: Though we have our favorites in the draft, nobody really can measure what's inside a player, and truely nobody can ferl 100% comfortable they know who the next great QB willbe.

There are a number of teams in the playoffs almost every year and, to state the obvious, all of them aren't the best QB in the league. That doesn't mean no fan wants an (the?) elite QB in the NFL. All fans do. But it is possible to be successful with a top 10 QB. I get the argument over Tua, Fromm, Burrows, . . . everyone wants who they think will be THE best QB in the NFL. Sadly, they are so wed to 'their' guy, they refuse to acknowledge the possibility anyone else is remotely good enough.

I won't say "relax," but I'll say this team, with just a little luck, will surprise people next year, even if RF is QB. Drafting a guy who turns in to top 10 will help even more. Won't happen, but ideally, people climb down from that emotional cliff and see what happens in FA

I will be honest, I would have loved Burrow and the type of offense he would have brought us, or I was actually thinking we might still have a chance at such a special defensive player like Young...our pass-rush would have been far different with him in there.

Yet, it does not matter, because this new coaching staff has done something we have not seen since I was in highschool, maybe early College (For those that don't know, that is a long time ago), the staff has actually developed players.

Eason, Love, Hurts are three players that have talent, but people don't know what to make of them...Well 1st off, if they are willing to work (Interview will show what they're made of), a team that can develop talent could make any of them reach their potential...They all do have high potential.

Lamar Jackson was a possible starter/backup.

Point: Though we have our favorites in the draft, nobody really can measure what's inside a player, and truely nobody can feel 100% comfortable they know who the next great QB will be.

I'm usually a lurker around these parts because quite honestly most of these post don't make any sense or people just completely riding the team off for not doing exactly what they think should be done. Anyways, this is exactly how people should start viewing this team. I believe we've FINALLY found our coach/staff and yes I've said that plenty in the past but this one seems different. Looking forward to the draft and putting this team together the right way.

NO MATTER WHAT FINSUP!!!

I get that Tunsil is an elite LT but 2 1's and a 2? C'mon, we'll get a quality LT in FA or the draft. Minkah wanted out so he's out, he's far from irreplaceable. This offense needs a stud RB, not a Mark Walton type player but a Gurley, Barkley or Elliot and I hope we can pick a great one in the draft. An elite RB changes everything and makes your o-line appear to be playing better than they are. Draft a QB, RB and fix the o-line. If we do that at least the offense would be ready next season. This season is about finding your Head Coach and staff, dumping awful players and contracts, getting younger, faster and smarter, dumping me first players and only keeping guys that buy in 100%. It was never about going 0-16. I think if you asked a guy like Flo to lose on purpose he's haul off and smash you in the face. He's a fiery guy with a ton of passion for WINNING!!!!!!!!!

You need to relax on the proclamations or accolades you are putting on Parker and others. Parker isnt a rookie, he has a legit past of underachieving and underperforming. One year of production doesn't erase his injury and immaturity issues.

Gesiki, needs to continue to show growth. It's not like we have a Kelce much less a Goedert running around there. But I like what I see.

As for your thoughts on QB. You completely lost me on your 2 cents on Eason, Love and Hurts.

I’ll relax once the Dolphins win another Super Bowl. To me you have one winner and 31 losers every season. Getting into the playoffs means absolutely nothing if you don’t win the championship. I am dealing with the rebuild simply because I have no choice.
I have seen enough one year wonders come in and perform well as the Dolphins head coach. So while I think Flores and his staff did a good job this season, I will hold off an assessment on him until I see major improvement from this team over the next few years.

The most frustrating thing about being a Dolphin fan over the last two decades is you look around and see other teams who were at or near the top go down toward the bottom and they build up once again. The Dolphins on the other hand have been mediocre at best for the majority of the past two decades and they never have been a threat to win a SB in any year for thos two decades. Hopefully going into a complete rebuild will finally end the years of mediocrity but as the saying goes, “I’ll believe it when I see it’.

3 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks. Positions will get fixed.

I liked Fromm for the longest time, but he looked real bad against LSU.

Relax and being a dolphin fan goes hand-in-hand if you love mediocrity or less. We have been in the gutter, really non-competitive and rarely in it for anything other than draft picks for as long as I can remember. I’m somewhat numb and expect the same result so until we can be competitive year in and year out I won’t be happy but this year has given me hope but likely will usually lead to false hope with another subpar decade. #SaynotoGroundhogDay

I’ll relax once the Dolphins win another Super Bowl. To me you have one winner and 31 losers every season. Getting into the playoffs means absolutely nothing if you don’t win the championship. I am dealing with the rebuild simply because I have no choice.
I have seen enough one year wonders come in and perform well as the Dolphins head coach. So while I think Flores and his staff did a good job this season, I will hold off an assessment on him until I see major improvement from this team over the next few years.

The most frustrating thing about being a Dolphin fan over the last two decades is you look around and see other teams who were at or near the top go down toward the bottom and they build up once again. The Dolphins on the other hand have been mediocre at best for the majority of the past two decades and they never have been a threat to win a SB in any year for thos two decades. Hopefully going into a complete rebuild will finally end the years of mediocrity but as the saying goes, “I’ll believe it when I see it’.

Agree in general, but if Flo can get Miami to the playoffs every year for the next 3 years and get to the conference Championship the third year, I'll consider that a win. Doesn't mean I'm satisfied with it every year, but given the last 20 years, that's a win

Lost me at Fromm, dude is garbage. Why waste a pick on him when we already have someone like Rosen. At least Rosen already has 2 years of NFL experience. Fromm looks like **** on one of the most talented college teams.

I've never witnessed a fanbase being so confident over a 4 win team with no QB, no OL, a team completely devoid of talent and a GM who, was at the very least a part of the whole mess and has now been in complete control for 3 years... And is most likely to be the one in charge for foreseable future...

I've never witnessed a fanbase being so confident over a 4 win team with no QB, no OL, a team completely devoid of talent and a GM who, was at the very least a part of the whole mess and has now been in complete control for 3 years... And is most likely to be the one in charge for foreseable future...

More like incomplete control. Tannenbaum had the keys to the car here in Miami until the 2019 draft. Don’t tell me that Suh deal was all Grier.

More like incomplete control. Tannenbaum had the keys to the car here in Miami until the 2019 draft. Don’t tell me that Suh deal was all Grier.

I think Tannenbaum ran free agency but it was pretty clear by his own words that Grier ran the draft and though he said he wouldn't draft a guy the coach didn't like it was ultimately his call in the end.

Back
Top Bottom