People need to relax | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People need to relax

everyone's pissed off we beat the Bengals given the stakes and because the win is fresh in our minds but we're talking about the worst team in the league so that win was expected....I think as we get closer to the draft the game we'll look back on with regret is the eagles game, down 14 in the 2nd half against a much more talented team that needed every win it could get to secure a playoff spot in the NFC, it took trick plays and a few 4th down gambles to get the win but yea I wish we'd lost that game, we'd be 3-12 right now and picking #2 overall.

3 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks. Positions will get fixed.

I liked Fromm for the longest time, but he looked real bad against LSU.
I hope you are right but history shows the Dolphins have not been great with second round picks and the only effective first round picks they have have had in recent years were Tunsil and Fitzpatrick and both of them were taken in the top half of the draft. Draft picks in the latter part of the first round have usually
been mediocre players who were usually gone after their first contract With the Dolphins.
Dan Marino was the last really great Dolphin who was drafted in the latter part of the first round.

everyone's pissed off we beat the Bengals given the stakes and because the win is fresh in our minds but we're talking about the worst team in the league so that win was expected....I think as we get closer to the draft the game we'll look back on with regret is the eagles game, down 14 in the 2nd half against a much more talented team that needed every win it could get to secure a playoff spot in the NFC, it took trick plays and a few 4th down gambles to get the win but yea I wish we'd lost that game, we'd be 3-12 right now and picking #2 overall.

Not everyone

I've never witnessed a fanbase being so confident over a 4 win team with no QB, no OL, a team completely devoid of talent and a GM who, was at the very least a part of the whole mess and has now been in complete control for 3 years... And is most likely to be the one in charge for foreseable future...
You're right, "confidence" may be unjustified BUT "encouragement" certainly is within the realm!

Those 4 wins came in our last 8 games! They came with a ragtag, ever-revolving group of no-names while some of our few studs were on IR. If not for the fix being in in the league office on that bogus after the fact call, The Fins should be 5-3!

Our coaching staff has gotten more out of Gesicki, Parker, Ford, etc and other such type players who never lived up to their potential. Unlike in the past, we actually came back to win after conceding all those points. Can you think of any time that's happened?

I may not be confident about competitive teams going forward, but I am confident about our coaching staff building the culture that constitutes the backbone for wins. To me the glass is half full.

If Flores and his staff could extract this sort of performance out of a marginally talented, changing group, I maintain it's reasonable to imagine what they can do with a roster that's firing on all cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom