People Who Want QB #2 Please Explain ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People Who Want QB #2 Please Explain ?

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
I have a question for those wanting a QB #2, why ?
Are you done with AJ because of his turnovers ? Do you
not think a rookie QB will have the same problems ?
Is it just because Feeley was drafted in the mid rounds
and thus he never can improve ?

It seems to me people don't like Feeley because of his turnovers
and because he's associated with WannSpiel. But any rookie
QB will have the same problems (minus wanny but not Spielman)
and I wonder if the people upset with Feeley will give the new guy slack ?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, so that's why I'm asking, why
a QB at #2, a spot and position many have turned out to be bombs ?

I think you get only a couple chances to take a franchise QB. You get a chance, you take it.

A guess that Saban will evaluate Feeley and make a call about him. His opinion is the only one that matters in the end.

PhinKev said:
I think you get only a couple chances to take a franchise QB. You get a chance, you take it.

A guess that Saban will evaluate Feeley and make a call about him. His opinion is the only one that matters in the end.

That's the thing though...there is NO franchise QB in this year's draft. There's not a Peyton Manning type player that is a so-called "can't miss" player

Smith should/could be taken because:

- He is the smartest player in the draft
- One could argue he is the most productive player in the draft
- You can't pass him up because of previouse regime mistakes
- His age...He is 8 years younger than A.J. Feeley
- Linehan loves the guy
- There is a 90% chance you will not get to or win the big game in the NFL without a franchise qb
- At number 2 he would be the BPA
- This team is on a mutiple year plan, you have to start filling the roster with the players that not only can help you now but five years from now

PhinKev said:

says who? franchise QBs could be had with mid 1st round picks in a normal draft... franchise QBs dont only come from the top 5 picks...

also i think you can get a franchise QB in mid 1st rounds of most drafts... lets see
2004 losman at 22 (is he a franchise QB, we'll see but id take him over smith/rodgers)
2003 boller and grossman where taken after 19 (again too soon to tell with them)
2002 ramsey last pick of 1st round (again who knows but ogod prospect)
2001 brees 1st pick of 2nd round (i think teams would like him)
2000 pennington at 18, whehter you likehim or not hes a good starter in the NFL
1999 culpepper at 11, thats kinda high but a 6-10 season can get you there

etc... so what im saying is people are like you cant pass up on a this opportunity we'll never get a chance to get a franchise QB, but i think you can land one in the mid first round usually... so if we do get that franchise back then find out our QB situation isn't working (cause whether you wanna admit it or not we might already have our QB for the next 5 years) we would obviously have a poor year and have a mid 1st round pick to get a good QB next year...

and dont say next years QB class is weak, people always step up during the season as a stand out prospect, kinda like ya boy alex smith, no one was really worried about him before this season started... last year he was a 2nd team MWC quarterback, but no one was expecting him to be a 1st round pick befor ethis season started... but he climbed with a great year... as wil lmany prospects next college season

damn that was long but just random thoughts, but im really sick of this debate so ima leave it alone after this, haha we'll jsut have to wait and seeeeeeeeee

MarinoEqualsGod said:
That's the thing though...there is NO franchise QB in this year's draft. There's not a Peyton Manning type player that is a so-called "can't miss" player
We won't know if there's a franchise QB in this draft for about 5 years. Let me ask you this....was there a franchise QB in last years draft?

arsenal said:
says who? franchise QBs could be had with mid 1st round picks in a normal draft... franchise QBs dont only come from the top 5 picks...
Grossman, Boller,Ramsey, Losman? All that proves is that you can pick a QB in the mid first. What in the world has any of them done to show they may be "Franchise QB'S" ?

Also you have to look back that even in 1983, when we drafted Marino, no one saw him as a franchise type of QB. Elway was projected to be the franchise QB, he was picked at #1 overall.

What I'm saying is that you never know, also just as most of you have mentioned, you dont get the opportunity to draft a GOOD possibly franchise type QB this high in the draft very often so thats my take on why we need a QB over any other position if we stay at #2 overall.

J Tes said:
We won't know if there's a franchise QB in this draft for about 5 years. Let me ask you this....was there a franchise QB in last years draft?

Definately too early to tell, but Big Ben made a pretty decent argument for himself...

J Tes said:
Grossman, Boller,Ramsey, Losman? All that proves is that you can pick a QB in the mid first. What in the world has any of them done to show they may be "Franchise QB'S" ?

well i think those guys are too soon to say if they are or not, but if you look the years before them you see the point... thats like saying well eli manning and phillip rivers aren't franchise QBs, you dont know that yet...

but what has alex smith against the mountain west powerhouses shown you that he may be a franchice QB?

I don't feel like either of the QBs are the BPA in the draft. That is why I would not select either of them.

arsenal said:
well i think those guys are too soon to say if they are or not, but if you look the years before them you see the point... thats like saying well eli manning and phillip rivers aren't franchise QBs, you dont know that yet...

but what has alex smith against the mountain west powerhouses shown you that he may be a franchice QB?

That's why Saban and Linehan get the big bucks. They have to make that call, and hopefully they make the right one.

I remember five months ago when Alex Smith was considered a 3rd round prospect.

Besides the fact this draft is lacking QB talent......(Leinart not coming out)

I see no reason for the sudden climb.

arsenal said:

I never said Alex Smith will definatly be a franchise QB. I'd like to take my chances though. And I also never said that Eli Manning or Rivers or anyone in last years draft will or wont be franchise QB's. But you stated in your first post where these guys( Losman, Ramsey, Boller etc.)were drafted. What exactly does that show? I guess I just dont see your point in posting that. I cause I would see your point if some of these guys had established themselves and were well on there way to stardom, but they havent done anything in the league.

chirkware said:
Definately too early to tell, but Big Ben made a pretty decent argument for himself...
Thats exactly my point. We don't know if any of these guys will pan out and be that Franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom