perceptions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

perceptions

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting how perceptions are tainted by the outcome of games.

Several people claimed that Belichick outcoached Wanny. I wonder if the perceptions would have been different if Mare had made the FG in OT.

Can you imagine the second guessing of Belichick if the Fins had won in OT?
- How could they let Miami drive down the field at the end of the game twice?
- Why did he challenge the Ricky Williams run and lose the last timeout?
- Why did they play 'not to lose' during the last drive of regulation?
- How can you only run 4 plays in 2 minutes at the end of regulation?
- What is wrong with the offense? (180yds passing, 53 yds rushing)
- Why can't they beat Miami on the road early in the year?

Instead we get to read how the 'genius' outcoached the 'idiot'.

Agreed. Yeah, we look pretty predictable to run on 1st downs, but the level of navel-gazing, over-analysis and incessant criticism is absurd. I hope the team isn't engaging in this sort of conduct or the season's shot.

A kicker choked. Bottom line. Move on.

yep... the facts are NT had a gameplan good enough to win (even though we're still predictable on every down). we won't see it opened up until we get into the "downfall months."

but whatever. i thought miami's O played well with all things considered...

every loss, theres always a new problem. anyone remember week 1 when everyone was after wannstedts head? every loss will ignite this until we win the superbowl. which people seem to think happens next week, and we're out of it.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Several people claimed that Belichick outcoached Wanny. I wonder if the perceptions would have been different if Mare had made the FG in OT.

you exactly right buffalo, fans are just waiting to pounce on teh wanny/fiedler thang. thats all it is. perceptions laid out from the mdia who has no clue about footballonly what gets ratings and uproar. well, if anyone thinks that we will get better from this now at this point in the season, you got a nother thing comin.

I think both coaches did a pretty good job. It was the defenses though that dictated the day. Both sides played hard and produced turnovers for their offenses.

The game was tough and both teams deserve credit for their effort.

Miami looks tough and should flatten the Chargers.

The loss is tough to swallow because of the way it happened (two miss field goals).

And I don't think any coach "outsmarted" the other in that game. They both made mistakes and good calls.

Had we won, things would be perceived differently to Dolfans, and Patriots fans would be screaming for the referees heads. (Coin toss)

A, I TOTALLY AGREE.

Originally posted by Agua
Agreed. Yeah, we look pretty predictable to run on 1st downs, but the level of navel-gazing, over-analysis and incessant criticism is absurd. I hope the team isn't engaging in this sort of conduct or the season's shot.

A kicker choked. Bottom line. Move on.

I WONDER WHAT THE NAYSAYERS AND HAND WRINGERS WILL BE SAYING TUESDAY MORNING AFTER THE DOLPHINS BLOW OUT SAN DIEGO.
BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS ON THE HORIZON. THE DOLPHINS ARE WAY OVERDUE TO PUT A GOOD THUMPING ON SOMEONE.

:fire:

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

a lot of people think they're good coaches and coordinators now in the age of 24 hour sports overanalysis and madden 2004. that game sunday was a battle between two teams that are expected to fight it out for the division title. it's unrealistic to expect a different kind of game between those two teams. you're gonna get a close battle of defense and field position. and apparently, i'm an idiot for still supporting this team because the SB champ this year is the team that's playing the best after week 7.

Re: A, I TOTALLY AGREE.

Originally posted by JAKE91

I WONDER WHAT THE NAYSAYERS AND HAND WRINGERS WILL BE SAYING TUESDAY MORNING AFTER THE DOLPHINS BLOW OUT SAN DIEGO.
BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS ON THE HORIZON. THE DOLPHINS ARE WAY OVERDUE TO PUT A GOOD THUMPING ON SOMEONE.

:fire:

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Why wait until Tuesday?

You know it will be going on during MNF

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Yeah, but the point is that the Fins did NOT win in OT. gee, talk about stirring the bucket.

Re: Re: perceptions

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Yeah, but the point is that the Fins did NOT win in OT. gee, talk about stirring the bucket.

The point is that a missed FG in OT distorts peoples impressions of the whole game. Wanny did not miss the kick. If the kick is made, Belichick has to answer the questions, not Wanny.

I agree and sometimes it bothers me when everybody atccks Wanny and Fiedler for Miami losses. It seems like there are a couple of "darlings" on this team that nobody will put blame on for anything. Norv Turner, Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers to name a few. This is a TEAM GAME you win and lose as a team everybody is responsible.

Back
Top Bottom