Perfect And Undefeated Miami Dolphins - 1972 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perfect And Undefeated Miami Dolphins - 1972

It gets easier to forget just how impressive an undefeated season was / is in football as time goes by. And the way they did it - without their starting QB for most of the year and playing the AFC title game on the road at Pitt. Truly a great feat that can never be beaten - only equaled. And 46 years later it still hasn’t happens. Thank you, 10-6 Giants :).

Imagine if Yepremian made that field goal the score also would have been 17-0......strange are the ways of fate....

Also maybe my second favorite Fins achievement was Marino's beating the Bears and preventing their perfect season....What a game with many of the old timers on the sideline...

Imagine if Yepremian made that field goal the score also would have been 17-0......strange are the ways of fate....

Also maybe my second favorite Fins achievement was Marino's beating the Bears and preventing their perfect season....What a game with many of the old timers on the sideline...
Shame the FG wasn’t made. 17-0 would have not only been amazing symmetry but it also would have been the only shutout in SB history. As for the ‘85 Bears game - fate that we were on the schedule that year and MNF - it was awesome. We jumped all over them and had to be so fired up from the old timers providing inspiration. I recall we even blocked a punt in the game. We were cooking.

Csonka said the same. He wanted to strangle Garo after that FG attempt(jokingly). He stated it would have been the perfect ending to the perfect season.:thumbsup

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom