Perfect timing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perfect timing?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
It looks like the Bucs have decided to cut their starting RT from a year ago Jerry Wunsch in favor of their 2nd yr player Kenyatta Walker who bombed at LT last year.

Wunsch isn't the athletic lineman that Gruden loves but he is the big bodied brawler that Wanny loves. He's 6-6 330 and a very capable starter, not mention being a very quality backup if signed to Wade. With Smith's injury and Spriggs needing as many practice reps as he can get at LT in case something happens to Dixon it makes perfect sense to make a quick play for Wunsch.

Of course, he may sign with the Ravens for the chance to start, but I hope he chooses a chance to be on a winner and maybe even a contributor and sign here.

Thoughts?

I think its a possiblity seeing as that B. Smith just went down, and the other youngsters don't seem ready yet, or so I read. I'm sure Wanny will look at it, but its up to him if he wants to start, or to be on a winning team.....

Don't forget Greg Jerman did look good last night. Except the one time he was put on his ass. :)

Jerman is nowhee near the player Wunsch is and this is a team with cap room and trying for a trip to San Diego.

Jerman is not a player ready to make this team. P-squad maybe.

Let's not forget Wade's propensity to get hurt either. We need a strong guy to back him up and please don't say Leon Searcy as he can't play T anymore he's getting old.

He has also spent all offseason learning the G position and it would be much to make him go back and forth now.

Originally posted by Merman
Don't forget Greg Jerman did look good last night. Except the one time he was put on his ass. :)

Don't forget Anthony Cesario, he did not dress against the Texans because he is hurt, but if he grades out the same as Jerman, and gets too 100%, I'd think they keep Cesario. Not sure but I think Cesario is no longer eligable for the PS and Jerman surely is. Of course this would be if they are not interested in Wunsch, who would be better than either IMO

ok so someone talk to these guys about getting this OT from TB or whoever, im all for making this team better in any area exp the o-line

Originally posted by Merman

yeah but didnt he get called for holding on that if i remember correctly? if so, i thought that was a chicken $#!% call! as marv levy would say. German did look good though.

I think Wunsch is headed to St. Louis to start at RT.

Oh well..we're never on it in time..but we weren't going to offer him a starting job.

I forgot about the Rams needing a RT perfect spot for him. Rams will have eliminated their one huge weak link.

Oh well so much for that.

Leon Searcy should be the primary backup RT in my opinion. He's got enough in the tank for a backup job to come in for maybe a few games or so and give a high quality of play at RT. He's stayed relatively injury free except for a short stint at the start of TC. He should be the primary backup at RG and RT...giving us the freedom to roster the best OL we can be it Cesario or Andrews, or some guy not yet on the team.

By the way I didn't realize this but apparently BEN COLEMAN is still on the market.

Lord only knows why...he was a staple guard for the Redskins, and I remember reading Washington beat writers say that he stabilized the offensive line last year and was a very good guard.

He also has the ability to move to LT or RT, as I believe he's the one that relieved Tony Boselli in Jacksonville when Boselli first went out. I don't remember hearing anything about injuries with Coleman...and he's pretty solid IMO. A better 9th OL than say, Troy Andrews or Anthony Cesario.

Seattle wants Jerry Wunsch too.

He's gonna be hot on the open market. I'm surprised someone didn't give a pick for him. What was his contract like I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom