Pete Carroll on Pat Turner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Carroll on Pat Turner

Yeah, but there is a ceiling to any WR. A guy that takes a long time to develope has a lower top side. Remember how Ginn was supposed to be Marvin Harrison or TO by this time?

Miles Austen!

Failed logic.

Miles Austen!

Failed logic.

Miles Austin has speed, gets separation, knows his routes, and grasp the NFL game. None of these negatives were ever reported about Miles Austin the way the were about Turner. Not to mention I think an ACL injury slowed Miles Austins development.

Miles Austin has speed, gets separation, knows his routes, and grasp the NFL game. None of these negatives were ever reported about Miles Austin the way the were about Turner. Not to mention I think an ACL injury slowed Miles Austins development.

The FACT is he did not even rate a start until game FIVE of the 2009 season.

If all the attributes you state were in fact valid at the beginning of his NFL career he would NOT have remained undrafted:crazy: and it would not have taken him so long to get his first start.

His speed was what kept him on the team, as a kick returner!

Back to the quote I highlighted, "A guy that takes a long time to develope has a lower top side."

Without qualifying this blanket statement it fails. There are way to many examples of NFL project players that do go on to have great careers.

Oh please cut it out -- we missed HUGE on Ryan vs Long, and EVERY other pick on your list is yet to be proven an ALL Pro.

These guys deserve no better grade than "C" right now IMO.

Umm, no we didn't, Long has been all-pro 2 years in a row, if we had taken Ryan, who in the 2nd round would have been as productive?

On the Other hand Ryan, has been very good, but Henne could end up be just as good next year if Miami can get him what Ryan already has...a #1 receiver.

In retrospect, Miami got an all world LT, and might have gotten the franchise QB they have been looking for since #13 was forced to retire.

Back
Top Bottom