Pete Prisco | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco

L.T.21 said:
These "writers" dont know jack! Its like Mel Kiper--has he ever played football, has he ever coached, has he ever evaluated for a team, has he gotten the #1 pick right in the last 10 years, has he ever been approached to consult a team? The answers..NO, NO, No, NO, NO, NO, NO.....so on and so on.

I think you guys did a wonderful job today...I was hoping you guys would get R.Brown, I also called that by the way;-) But Im sure a million other people did...

Im not being a homer or anything but I think we did a great job in the draft this year. Merriman was #1 on my board, Castillos "steroid problem" is not a problem--heck, I have some andro on my desk as we speak...Vincent Jackson is 6'6 with 4.4 speed, and 3 guys for the O-line for depth. One of them happens to be a Playboy All-American...
Id say we should at least get a solid B or A-..This guy gives us a C-......are you serious?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7619477/page/3/

KB21...In the past, I have always taken any success that SD had with a grain of salt (except many years ago with Kellen Sr. and Air Coryell). I did the same last year, but I see that you guys are legit...Even IF Brees is a 1 year wonder, you have good starting talent and good backup talent...good luck this coming year. I liked your draft also...I think Merriman will fit very well in your scheme and give you some added pass rush...You guys deserved at least a B to a B+ easily...

unifiedtheory said:
I NEVER read his crap but I thought I'd check out the CBS Sportsline draft grades....Prisco gave us a B-....and he added at the end...."Nick Saban had a decent first draft, but it helped having the second pick overall."...I urge you all to respond to him via the link on the Sportsline site...here is what I wrote:

"Overall grade: B-. Nick Saban had a decent first draft, but it helped having the second pick overall."

Not only do you go against almost every other published reporter there is and give Miami the lowest grade I have seen thusfar...you undercut it by adding "but it helped having the second pick overall.".

Still upset he won't allow you or any other media in his office?

Yes, they lacked a playmaking reciever but tell me what reciever was available at #46? Should they have reached for Roscoe Parrish so you could then proceed to club them for reaching?

They got first round value at #46 at a position of need. Jason Taylor is over 30, Vonnie Holliday is a one or two year player and David Bowens should be a situational player, not a starter. The Roth pick allows the Dolphins to shed the David Bowens 2 million dollar cap number as well.

The Wannstedt regime let the depth and skill on the defensive line wither on the vine for far too long. Nick Saban took one offseaon to correct the wreckage Wannstedt left behind that is diguised as a defensive line.

If the Patriots or the Cowboys had picked Matt Roth at #46 you would be calling it the steal of the draft.

Nick Saban got value at every pick. He got three first round graded players with his first three picks. His draft deserves a A- AT LEAST....and without the "but it helped having the second pick overall." line at the end.

I know you are not a Dolphins fan but would it hurt to show just a little bit of objectivness...after all. Your job is "Senior NFL writer"...not "Pats/Cowboys beat writer".

I agree 100%, but he will read the first line then delete it!!

Back
Top Bottom