Peter King: Nice start, Nick Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: Nice start, Nick Saban

Schleprock said:
I doubt he is faster and a better catcher than Ricky. Equal, OK, but better, hard to believe until he has some Pro Bowls under his belt and the 9th highest rushing season in NFL history.

I can promise you he is. He is without a doubt faster, and he has much better hands. Ricky's hands were prob 7 inches and H2's hands are almost 10 inches. H2 has big hands, Ricky had lil bitty baby boy hands, that's why he fumbled so much.

Muck said:
One question that needs to be answered:

Is Brown's vision as good as Ricky's??

Ricky's vision was GOOD no doubt. Only time will tell if H2's vision will be as good. But I honestly hope we don't have another HB rush for 1,800 plus YDS. I want more balance than that. I would love for H2 to have a ton of TD's though. :D

Muck said:

Good question. I don't know that Ricky's vision was up there with the other top RBs in the league. He was good though as a total package if you leave the off field issues out of the equation.

he is faster than ricky and has better hands im telling you people this guy is the real deal trust me im ordering my #23 brown jersey a.s.a.p :D

Redvs.Blue Phin said:
King wrote that he felt Saban did the right thing by taking Brown when he didn't get the right offer to trade out of #2.

He also wrote that we found our next Ricky Williams, except that Brown is faster than Ricky with better hands. :cooldude:

...and without the pot.

ohall said:
Ricky's vision was GOOD no doubt. Only time will tell if H2's vision will be as good. But I honestly hope we don't have another HB rush for 1,800 plus YDS. I want more balance than that. I would love for H2 to have a ton of TD's though. :D

I want balance, however I do want another HB to rush for 1,800 plus yards, especially if he gets more than 5 yards per carry :)

Good Question, until Brown has a full year in the NFL, that question cannot be honestly answered.

Schleprock said:
I doubt he is faster and a better catcher than Ricky. Equal, OK, but better, hard to believe until he has some Pro Bowls under his belt and the 9th highest rushing season in NFL history.

Ronnie is a better reciever. Ricky would always juggle screens and get popped in the grill. I thought Ricky was a freakishly talented RB and Ronnie has to prove he can carry the ball and offense the way Ricky used to (in excess of 30 carries a game lets not forget). But I have seen Ronnie catch balls in college that Ricky never did in college or the Pros. Ronnie can catch!

I anxious to see him play, I've heard comparisons to a bigger LT and as close to Bo Jackson as there's been. I hope he's as good as some coaches say he is. Regardless, it was a good draft for Saban and I'm excited about this year.

FanMarino said:
faster than Ricky? Ricky had football speed as we all know. he cud pop it out to the sidelines and leave LB's in his wake. If Brown can do that im excited for coming season.

Actually Ricky only was able to this one season.......2002 he looked very fast, before that while at New Orleans he was pretty much just a hit the hole, and hit it hard type of guy......They got rid of him Because of his lack of speed. In 2002 he lost some weight, and appeared much faster, then in 2003 he looked slower again, and wasn't nearly as good that year

Schleprock said:

You know what RONNIE BROWN is IN MIAMI not in a tent in ZIMBABWAI with a 4lb Blunt and fog rolling through his head. WELCOME RONNIE....Goodbye RICKY...GOOD RIDENCE!!!

Nope

Muck said:

It is a well known fact (or is it urban legend), that marajuana is good for your eyes (cataracts).

Peter King really seems to be jockeying Saban hard. Since he's been hired, Peter has had at least 3 or 4 articles where he's referenced Nick in a positive way. Every move Nick has made, Peter has been really complimentary of it. This draft is no different. King is one of a VERY FEW writers who's opinion I value, even if it's negative about my team, it's usually accurate and deserved..

Back
Top Bottom