Peter King On 1050ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King On 1050ESPN

This is great. Saban is doing a excellent job of throwing everyone off. Hopefully it will cause some concern for some other teams and they'll want to trade into our spot to guarantee they get their guy.

The only problem with that theory is we currently have no #2. If we acquire a #2, then a RB there is certainly an option. If not, it is quite the risk to wait until the mid 3rd to get your starting RB for this year.

MikeO said:
Saban is an old school football guy. I don't see him taking a RB at #2 especially in a RB deep draft.

Here is a stat. 30 of the 32 NFL teams have a #1 RB (Miami and Tampa excluded). Out of those 30, 19 of them were drafted in Round 2 or later. It's an amazing stat and one that pretty much slaps NFL executives in the face NOT to waste a high 1st round pick on a RB. RB's can be found in the draft and not early on. Remember, Priest Holms was an undrafted rookie FA.

A man after my own heart.

A dolphins insider just told me that......hold on to your hat everyone....we will take a football player who played college football.

:gossip:
CrunchTime said:
A man after my own heart.
:hmmm:

if we don't take a RB.....i think i would want to trade down and trade down often........because i did want benson or brown. I am not sold on the qb's
just because of the risk factor and money involved that high...we would be forced to play them right away.,,and aren't they juniors on top of that?

WR isn't too bad with the talent avail......I really believe he will find a trading partner not once but twice.

We are going to trade down and take Caddy or Barron.

Dredd1050 said:
He is saying that Miami will either trade out or draft one of the remaining QBs .Either Smith or Rodgers
Imo Saban will try to trade down until last possible second and if there are no real takers Saban will draft a wr or rb!!!
:D

Marino1983

BringBackShula said:
That's great..We should keep a log of what every major jerky-media predict we'll do with our picks and trades.

Then don't read and/or post in the topic.

Back
Top Bottom