Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft

I think(hope) that they exagerate their interest in Luck to receive a king's ransom in return for the first pick, give their franchise a shot at 1 or 2 more rings.
If they do and Barkley comes out I'll take Barkley. If Barkley stays in school it will be a tough decision that I am thanful the turds in charge now wont be here to make.

honestly i wouldnt mind drafting Barkley with the 2-4 pick and not trading away the next 2-3 drafts for luck. This team needs a QB real bad but also needs alot of help everywhere else pretty much. First and foremost get a real coach in here and then draft luck if we can or barkley and start him day one and get a few pieces around him to make life easier for him.

this

They've got an opt out clause with Manning and Manning could pull a power play on any trade by refusing to show up for a physical forcing Indy to release him...they're not keeping $23 million on the books of dead weight if Manning won't play for them or anyone else. If the Colts draft Luck they will be in a bind. It won't be pretty.
Are you sure they have an opt out?

I don't agree with Peter King.

Miami lost 7 games in 2007 by one score. They lost 6 games by a mere field goal.

Losing 18-15 last week and 20-17 this week doesn't all the sudden make us "too damned competitive for (our) own good".

What's important is how you FINISH games. That ability was what the 2007 team lacked and that is what this 2011 team lacks, any ability to put up any semblance of a fight in the 4th quarter.

If the Dolphins allow a team to get a lead, but then they're able to keep it somewhat within reach, and then in the 4th quarter Miami is coming on hard and fast and only barely fall short? Call me when THAT happens. Because that will be the first game where the Dolphins are showing that they truly are too competitive for their own good.

Until then, we can play as many of these games we want where the Dolphins jump out to a lead or make some plays early and then fold like a cheap suit under the threat of any kind of adversity during the game. Losses will continue to be written in stone until this team learns to finish.

First thing is Peter King is an idiot and has been for years....second thing is Peter King is an idiot. Hey Pete....thats why we play the games you jack ***.

He is right. Argue about Barkley vs. Jones.

I wouldn't mind taking Barkley. If you looked at the numbers from USC Stanford's 3 OT game, Barkley and Luck matched up pretty nicely. Considering Barkley was the number one rated High School player to come into college football, its not a bad deal...IMO.

I think(hope) that they exagerate their interest in Luck to receive a king's ransom in return for the first pick, give their franchise a shot at 1 or 2 more rings.
Very likely.

The Dolphins aren't just 0-7 on the season for all the full games. They're 0-6-1 in the 4th quarter.

The Dolphins 4th Quarter & Overtime
Game 1: 7-10
Game 2: 3-7
Game 3: 3-7
Game 4: 3-3
Game 5: 0-7
Game 6: 9-18
Game 7: 0-10
Total: 25-62

The Colts, on the other hand, are 2-5-1 in the 4th Quarter. I think while the Dolphins could win a game soon, maybe sooner than the Colts, I think the Colts will win more games.

The Colts 4th Quarter & Overtime
Game 1: 7-0
Game 2: 7-13
Game 3: 7-13
Game 4: 0-7
Game 5: 0-7
Game 6: 10-7
Game 7: 0-14
Game 8: 7-7
Total: 38-68

Of course he does. We can't let those Dolphins fans get too hopeful. Better take them down a peg.

I don't agree with Peter King.

Miami lost 7 games in 2007 by one score. They lost 6 games by a mere field goal.

Losing 18-15 last week and 20-17 this week doesn't all the sudden make us "too damned competitive for (our) own good".

What's important is how you FINISH games. That ability was what the 2007 team lacked and that is what this 2011 team lacks, any ability to put up any semblance of a fight in the 4th quarter.

If the Dolphins allow a team to get a lead, but then they're able to keep it somewhat within reach, and then in the 4th quarter Miami is coming on hard and fast and only barely fall short? Call me when THAT happens. Because that will be the first game where the Dolphins are showing that they truly are too competitive for their own good.

Until then, we can play as many of these games we want where the Dolphins jump out to a lead or make some plays early and then fold like a cheap suit under the threat of any kind of adversity during the game. Losses will continue to be written in stone until this team learns to finish.

I think you are right on the money. However, I did not see Miami outplaying the Giants. They were winning yes, but I thought they were being out played, visually and statistically and never thought for a minute the Giants would not come back. After 60 minutes the best team usually wins. We were not going to win that game.

I think the ability to finish is very important when it comes to the ability to win. The Rams didn't just run out to a lead against the Saints and then hope and pray the Saints would not come back. They FiNISHED that game. The Saints may have outscored them in the 4th quarter but the Rams were able to punch back instead of laying down. They scored. They stopped the Saints from scoring. They created turnovers. Prior to that game they were 1-3-2 in the 4th quarter, and had come back on the Redskins with 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter, but fell short.

But look at the Cardinals. They scare me in this whole Suck For Luck thing. They were able to finish their first game of the year against the Panthers, but they haven't really won a 4th quarter since, and their collapse against the Ravens this week reached epic proportions.

I think the ability to finish is very important when it comes to the ability to win. The Rams didn't just run out to a lead against the Saints and then hope and pray the Saints would not come back. They FiNISHED that game. The Saints may have outscored them in the 4th quarter but the Rams were able to punch back instead of laying down. They scored. They stopped the Saints from scoring. They created turnovers. Prior to that game they were 1-3-2 in the 4th quarter, and had come back on the Redskins with 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter, but fell short.

But look at the Cardinals. They scare me in this whole Suck For Luck thing. They were able to finish their first game of the year against the Panthers, but they haven't really won a 4th quarter since, and their collapse against the Ravens this week reached epic proportions.

Yeah, and now Kolb has a turf toe that he says is affecting his ability to throw the football hard, which besides being sort of a "my dog ate my homework" excuse for why he's terrible, might actually keep him on the sideline while John Skelton suits up for them.

The thing about the Cardinals, though, is that they already have one win and still get to play St. Louis, Cleveland, and Seattle down the stretch. It's hard not to see them winning at least one of those games, which at two wins on the season would almost certainly put them out of the SFL race.

Amazing, is it... how the best draft pick in years is coming out in the draft and there are more truly awful teams than there's ever been (at least that I can remember) in one season? Strange. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom