---- Peter King: Quinn likely backup QB; thus, Ginn/Henne better for Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---- Peter King: Quinn likely backup QB; thus, Ginn/Henne better for Fins

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Per Peter King today:

"I think Derek Anderson beating out Brady Quinn for the starting quarterback job in Cleveland would be only slightly less shocking than the Lions making the playoffs."

He's saying it's a virtual certainty that Quinn will be a backup QB to Anderson.

Thus, it's becoming even clearer now that passing on Quinn (and taking Ginn) was the right choice, especially considering we got Henne the following year with a late-second rounder.

Therefore: Ginn/Henne > Quinn

Makes being a Dolphin fan even brighter going forward. :up:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/06/14/books/3.html

NO, he is saying that Brady Quinn will be the starter.
The Chances of D.Anderson being the starter are as good as the Lions making the playoffs.
I'm glad you posted the quote otherwise we would all question Peter Kings logic

Even though you didn't understand the quote,
Ginn over Quinn any day.

King is implying that Quinn is likley to win the battle over Anderson but reports have said that both QBs have been less than impressive in all OTAs and mini camps.

I like Ginn's prospects better than Quinn's at this point.

But let's not go through that whole draft again b/c we also passed on Patrick Willis, Dwayne Bowe, etc., etc., etc.

Per Peter King today:

"I think Derek Anderson beating out Brady Quinn for the starting quarterback job in Cleveland would be only slightly less shocking than the Lions making the playoffs."

He's saying it's a virtual certainty that Quinn will be a backup QB to Anderson.

Thus, it's becoming even clearer now that passing on Quinn (and taking Ginn) was the right choice, especially considering we got Henne the following year with a late-second rounder.

Therefore: Ginn/Henne > Quinn

Makes being a Dolphin fan even brighter going forward. :up:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/06/14/books/3.html

Wow did you misinterpret the quote. Read it again.

And when you are done, the question should be, Beck/Ginn > Quinn. Which is arguable until Quinn actually plays.

yea, i was about to say...for a second i thought i completely lost my point of reference and could no longer read the english language.

NO, he is saying that Brady Quinn will be the starter.
The Chances of D.Anderson being the starter are as good as the Lions making the playoffs.
I'm glad you posted the quote otherwise we would all question Peter Kings logic

Whoops. You're right. I was reading too quickly on that one.

Still, I'd rather have Ginn/Henne vs. Quinn.

I'm sure Brady Quinn will start this year.

I'm sure Brady Quinn will do well this year.

do you know why????

because I'm sure Cam Cameron is a moron.

I would still bet we could have traded out of the 9th spot and still got Ginn. That was my gripe at the time and still is with some of this years draft picks as with others in the past. QB is really one of the biggest gamble positions there are in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom