"Peter" King... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Peter" King...

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
"10. I think, speaking of Carson, I heard the Chargers had less than 100 people at their first practice in the Carson, Calif., facility the other day. Chargers Fever! Catch it!"

Man, that's sad. And, meanwhile, we break our record at over 3000 on Sunday!!! :D :tongue: :D

Sucks for the Chargers' fans. :o

Methinks that Jr. might be thinking, "Damn, I must have some part cat in me." [SOB sure seems to have landed on his feet alright... here in Meeyami!]

PS - From what Peter (aka Dick) King writes about Denver... those bastards may very well be "right there" at the end of the year. In fact, here's my prediction RIGHT NOW:

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP: Miami 27 - Denver 24

SB?

Miami 30 - Atlanta 28

And another thing (from Peter King)...

"5. I think you guys must have the wrong impression about me. I don't hate the Dolphins. One guy who claims to read my column all the time came up to me in the grocery store in Montclair, N.J., a couple of weeks ago: "I've got to ask you: Why do you detest the Dolphins?" Maybe I left the wrong impression when I said the Dolphins were one of the top five teams in football, and it was a travesty that this underachieving group didn't make the playoffs. Doesn't mean I hate them, just means I'm speaking (what I believe to be) the truth."

Man, what a bunch of crap! :yell:

Obviously, his balls are buried under rolls and rolls of fat, ergo he hasn't any! Otherwise, why else couldn't he just admit the truth - he HATES the 'Phins!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by marcusreal
SB? Miami vs. Giants

I know this is stupid, but I've always really liked how the colors of the Giants and Phins looked on the same field.

Which begets the question:

What's your favorite opposing team's uniform/color to see matched up against the 'Phins?

[Phins-Tampa is another that I like.]

OK, guys, and spare me all the interior decorator and fashion designor jokes! :rolleyes:

give me Miami in white, Raiders in black anyday as long as Stabler is not out there passing to Clarence Davis :yikes: in the AFC championship

and then TB or the Jints who cares - just get to the SB

Ummmm, he picks Miami to win the SB and has them as one of the top 5 teams in the league right now and you're saying he hates the 'Fins? Perhaps you should rethink that one bro because your argument makes absolutely no sense. This coupled with the fact that King is usually very even keel and right on when it comes to talking football. Unless you have him confused with Pete Prick-O then I don't understand your consternation in the slightest.

Ummmm, he picks Miami to win the SB and has them as one of the top 5 teams in the league right now and you're saying he hates the 'Fins? Perhaps you should rethink that one bro because your argument makes absolutely no sense. This coupled with the fact that King is usually very even keel and right on when it comes to talking football. Unless you have him confused with Pete Prick-O then I don't understand your consternation in the slightest.

I was a little confused about that too. What has peter king said in the past that leads you to believe he hates the phins? just wondering

What colors look best against the dolphins huh?:chuckle: :crazy:
And I thought I was bad for matching my clothes .

Ok, could be I'm over-reacting, but...

Originally posted by Expo88

Where/when did Peter King say he picked the 'Phins to win it all? (Not that I'm doubting YOU... it's just that I'm shocked to hear HE said/wrote that.)

Last year, I remember Peter King being more than a little blah-blah about our acquisition of Ricky. Also, he seems to always have something negative to say about Jay Fiedler... EVEN when he's giving him props. For that matter, what props he does give to the 'Phins, in general, almost ALWAYS seem to have a "buuuut..." to them. And this blip in his most recent article is NO DIFFERENT.

But I'll admit that I am over-reacting a bit. Not a problem. I do do that at times.

PRICKSO! Yes, that's a totally different matter. Complete idiot.

Ok, maybe I should e-mail Peter King and apologize. ;)

Naaaaah! :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never thought he hated the phins and i don't understand what part of a top-five talent team not making the playoffs is worthy of praise? i mean, we're fans, so we can say all the good stuff we want, but these guys get paid to be unbiased and last year's team underachieved big time.

Good article fairbanks, thanks for the link. Except for the fact that now I miss football even more which I didn't think was possible.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Good article fairbanks, thanks for the link. Except for the fact that now I miss football even more which I didn't think was possible.

Timing is everything, I just re-watched parts of that game last night. What a game, across the board.

My bad... my apologies! I'll call Peter King RIGHT NOW!

Originally posted by fairbanksb
One of the best articles I read last season was Peter King, on the Miami/Denver game. He wrote that it was probably one of the best football games he'd ever seen. He had nothing but praise for Fiedler and Ricky and the Dedric Ward catch. I sure didn't get the impression that he hated the Phins.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2002/10/14/mmqb/

Thanks for the link. And, upon further review... you guys are correct... Peter King is pretty objective.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day? Or, more likely, my memory of WHICH sports writer said WHAT gets a little muddy... especially after seven months of NO FOOTBALL!!! :fire:

That's one of the cool things about this forum, though... that there are people here to straighten you out when, admittedly, you're not making much sense. So... thanks, guys.

Now... explain to me how, as Mr. King suggests, Travis Henry leads the leaugue in rushing this year. ;)

Now... explain to me how, as Mr. King suggests, Travis Henry leads the leaugue in rushing this year.

I hate Shmufalo just as much as anyone , but Travis Henry is a damn good runningback. And you never know what can happen in the NFL these days. I think the bills will be our toughest competition in the afc east this year.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

I know this is stupid, but I've always really liked how the colors of the Giants and Phins looked on the same field.

Which begets the question:

What's your favorite opposing team's uniform/color to see matched up against the 'Phins?

[Phins-Tampa is another that I like.]

OK, guys, and spare me all the interior decorator and fashion designor jokes! :rolleyes:

Of the current uniform combos in the NFL the best looking one is us in white over aqua, against the Packers with their green jersies with yellow-gold pants and helmets.
Up to 1999 the best was when we play the Rams when they had great looking royal blue helmets and jerseys with the yellow horns on both helmets and jersey, and yellow-gold pants.
As for the best when we are in aqua over white, is against the Redskins.

just cos a guy say something we don't like doesn't mean he hates our team.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom