Peyton Manning remains unsigned. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning remains unsigned.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
When are we starting the "Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds till Peyton manning becomes a UFA countdown clock?

I am beginning to believe after what Mortensen said: "They have had zero talks about a new contract."

I don't think there is a chance in hell that he doesn't get resigned. Indy would be the dumbest team in the league if they don't.

Are you joking?!?!?!?!?

Why even post this thread? Indy WILL resign him!!!!

Not after March 1st he's not. There ain't that much time between now and then. I'm sure it will happen but I'm surprised I haven't seen anything heat up. I think there's enough good faith between the two sides that the talks will only take like, a week at the most.

BTW, Mortensen said they might even approach Peyton about taking a contract that is smaller than the franchise player tender..........

This can really happen now...........Indy is being stingy with Peyton..........

Hey Spaz.......it's over your head...........

The Peyton Manning UFA watch is a running joke here...........

Thanks for "fing" it up.

23 days and counting until Peyton Manning is officially a free agent.

Anytime I can bring a Fin Fan back to reality is a pleasure!:)

Mortensen said they sat down for the first time (Pioli and agent) and talked in the pre-game show tonight...he mentioned a cap casualty and that could be Edgerrin James.....

Pioli?

That's the pats guy........

You mean Polian.........

Mortensen I think retracted that because he said before the game that "zero" serious talks have occured...........

Manning will be due 10 million+ every year from now on if the Colts do sign him. No team can afford that.

If the Colts do decide to resign which I'm sure of 95% that they will, they are going to have to release one or two of their superstars and a few other players. Edge, Harrison, Pollard, Vanderjagt, Stokley, and Reggie Wayne could all be possibilities. They are all due large amounts of money in 2004.

Brock Huard will most likely be released as he is due 5 million in 2004.

Releasing Adam Meadows, Chad Bratke, and Walt Harris (only starter) saves them nearly $11 million on the cap. A few re-structures and they can tag Manning. The problem with Indy IS NOT THE CAP, it's the fact that the organization is "cash-poor" and it will be difficult to structure a contract. This will be compounded by the fact that it also takes $$$ to restructure contracts.

Back
Top Bottom