Pff Nfl Mock Draft 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff Nfl Mock Draft 4

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
11. MIAMI DOLPHINS (6-10)

LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
Seemingly always in need of a chase-and-run linebacker, the Dolphins add the draft’s best in Smith who is a three-down playmaker. He has excellent range and closing speed in coverage and he always finds the ball in the run game. Most importantly, Smith finishes the play when he gets there as he missed only 18 tackles on 249 career attempts.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-nfl-mock-draft-4

I would be very happy with Smith, there are some odd picks in this mock though. I really don't see Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph going way before Josh Allen

I would be very happy with Smith, there are some odd picks in this mock though. I really don't see Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph going way before Josh Allen

Odd is an understatement.

The writer does clearly state it's what he would do as the GM for each team, not what he expects to happen. So at least i give him credit for putting his evals and rep out there.

Yeah. In a mock like that ("if I were the GM") I'd probably have Allen going in the late second or third round too. And only to a team with minimal needs and an aging QB who can afford to bypass needs for a project QB who can sit for two years.

Personally, I wouldn't draft him.

Our more obvious bigger need is a SAM linebacker and Roquan Smith is seen as a WILL in a 3 - 4 Defensive system. Tremaine Edmunds seems like a better fit who fits our immediate needs if he's still on the board.

What I admire about PFF is they do their own work. Right or wrong they’re obviously not looking at other’s mock drafts. LOL

Notice the love for Mo Hurst. It’s nice to see I’m not the only one.

You figure the four quarterback go, along with Barkley and Chubbs. That leaves four spots among James, Nelson, Edmunds, Smith and Fitzpatrick. I think Smith or James makes it to Miami and I'd be happy with either one.

The best thing about him being the pick is the obvious move for Alonso out of that weak side spot.

We need a coverage linebacker period. The question is whats the bigger hole DT or linebacker and how deep is the draft at each position. I think DT is bigger but there are more DTs than coverage linebackers in this draft. I think we go the DT route and if Smith is gone then I hope we trade back and go DT.

If we want to go DT in round one there's a good chance Vita Vea is there. I doubt we could trade back very far and still land Vea. If the QBs and the 2 favorite Lbers are gone then James, Fitz or VV will be there at #11. Any one of the 3 will be a huge help day 1 for this defense.

Back
Top Bottom