PFT Article: Texans may sign Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT Article: Texans may sign Williams

Doakle said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If true, do the Jets try and trade up to no.2 to take Reggie Bush?

I read it on KFFL...

that would really shake things up if that did happen.

I think it may be a ploy to try to get Reggie to lower his price maybe. But if Mario is signed by the Texans, The Jets could very well try to move up.

Spray Mucus said:
I read it on KFFL...

that would really shake things up if that did happen.

I think it may be a ploy to try to get Reggie to lower his price maybe. But if Mario is signed by the Texans, The Jets could very well try to move up.

With 7 of the first 117 picks, the Jets certainly have the mincemeat to move up. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened if Bush is there at 2.

This can mean nothing but disaster for the Miami Dolphins. No im not saying this will make the Jets better than the Dolphins anytime in the near future, but who here wants to play against Reggie Bush twice a season. He's the type of player that can immediately improve a team by 2-3 wins by himslef in his first season.

Guys, it's just a smokescreen. Reggie Bush is going to be hell to sign, but he's going to be hell on the field for opponents for the next 10 years. It's not necessarily a terrible idea, because they already have a RB locked up, and it would save them A LOT of cash to pick Williams. But they will either take Bush or trade down.

kpcane said:
Guys, it's just a smokescreen. Reggie Bush is going to be hell to sign, but he's going to be hell on the field for opponents for the next 10 years. It's not necessarily a terrible idea, because they already have a RB locked up, and it would save them A LOT of cash to pick Williams. But they will either take Bush or trade down.

Yep unless they think Mario is going to be a top 2 or 3 DE in the whole league, it seems odd to pass on a potential sackful of draft choices from trading down if they arent taking Bush. You'd have to think NO are wetting themselves in anticipation if the Texans do pick Williams.

kpcane said:

A smoke screen is we're leaning towards Williams. Williams has signed is not a smokescreen.

rafael said:
A smoke screen is we're leaning towards Williams. Williams has signed is not a smokescreen.

The threads were merged improperly. I said that in a different thread in response to a rumor that the Texans were thinking about it, not that the Texans had signed him.

As you can see, I was wrong about it.

Texans= COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!!!

:sidelol:

How in the world do you pass on Reggie BUSH!?!?!?

OMG!, I was planning on getting a Reggie Bush jersey too!! (being from Texas and all)........PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE JETS!! I REFUSE TO BUY A JETS JERSEY!!!

I don't know what all the hub bub is all about...

Mario Williams has the potential to be an ALL WORLD defensive end. They are a hell of a lot harder to find then a franchise runner.

unifiedtheory said:
I don't know what all the hub bub is all about...

Mario Williams has the potential to be an ALL WORLD defensive end. They are a hell of a lot harder to find then a franchise runner.

I totally agree. As long as you have an above average OL you can have a RB to look great. Just ask the Broncos and Browns (Ruben D).

Back
Top Bottom