Pft: Gadsden "not That Good" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft: Gadsden "not That Good"

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

GADSDEN "NOT THAT GOOD"

Although one personnel exec recently told us that someone should take a chance on Dolphins free-agent receiver Oronde Gadsden for something more than the $530K minimum deal, another executive type tells us that 32 teams can't be wrong -- and that Gadsden is "slow and he's not that good."

Gadsden also has real medical issues, including most recently a wrist that required season-ending surgery in 2002.

The thinking is that Gadsden can't get over the fact that he entered the league the hard way, missing out on a big pay day because he spent much of his twenties in the Arena League.

As we've previously reported, he's now embarrassed that he failed to accept a multiyear package with $750,000 up front, which Miami had on the table even after Gadsden injured his wrist.

:lastyr:

Well it was when I was saying we should cut O.G :tongue:

Everyone else is just catching up to that fact now.

Wow.....Gadsden must feel really stupid. Well his last option is Miami....so he might as well come back now.

Take him to Jason Williams' house and sit him in the living room with Jason and his guns..

Gadsden's peak playing days are over, but hes still very solid....I mean compare him to other WR's that are on our division rivals team.....

D.Patten
B.Shaw
C.Conway
J.Reed

....OG is just as good, if not better than some of these division rival WR's....OG may not be what youre looking for to make an impact starter on your team, but he may be what youre looking for to help out complete a team ready to make a strong run....

In other words, Gadsden "not that good"....to be a #1? no.
But to be a #3 or #4? I'll take him anyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Predaphin34
Gadsden's peak playing days are over, but hes still very solid....I mean compare him to other WR's that are on our division rivals team.....

D.Patten
B.Shaw
C.Conway
J.Reed

....OG is just as good, if not better than some of these division rival WR's....OG may not be what youre looking for to make an impact starter on your team, but he may be what youre looking for to help out complete a team ready to make a strong run.

Agreed. If he signs cheap enough, he would be great as the #3 WR on our roster!

but then a nfl europe prospect like kendall newson would have no chance to make the team, he would have to beat out tolver or rogers....

Originally posted by Al13
but then a nfl europe prospect like kendall newson would have no chance to make the team, he would have to beat out tolver or rogers....

Right!

While having youth at a position is good, you can only have so many unproven players w/ 'potential' at a position. IF Newson continues to play well in NFL-E but can't beat out Tolver in camp, (I think Rogers is a lock) we'll try to sneak him onto the practice squad and give him another shot next year...

Kendall Newsome will be lucky to make this roster as a WR (see my "Europe Players" post)...if anything, he'll make it as a Special Teamer.....

I wouldnt mind seeing....

Chambers
MckNight
Thompson
Gadsden
Tolver

on our roster.

I wouldnt mind seeing....

Chambers
MckNight
Thompson
Gadsden
Tolver

on our roster.

Who would return kicks?? Can't leave out Rodgers. A KR is a lock at the #5 WR spot IMO.

1-Chambers
2-Thompson
3-McKnight
4-Tolver
5-Rogers

Jip, Zip BAMN! That's it.. F Gadsden. Newson will get a better shot next year when we release McKnight.

D.Patten
B.Shaw
C.Conway
J.Reed

I'd take any of those WRs but Shaw over Gadsden any day of the week.

Reed has not proven a thing yet. Conway over Gadsden? Yeah but it's not a huge gap and he wouldn't even start for us.

Patten over Gadsden? I don't know about that one either.

Rogers is a RB, he'll be the 4th RB kept. He will play some slot WR though.

Back
Top Bottom