PFT... Maybe Braylon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT... Maybe Braylon?

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
FINS LOOKING AT BRAYLON, TOO?

Although the Dolphins are one of the teams at the top end of the draft who might be looking to trade down, word is that the Fins could be leaning toward drafting receiver Braylon Edwards, if forced to use the No. 2 overall pick.

Previously, the Fins had been sending out smoke signals regarding their supposed interest in quarterback Alex Smith at No. 2. But perhaps the presence of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, who presided over a pass-happy attack in Minnesota, might want to nail down a guy who could become the go-to guy in South Florida.

Then again, the team also might be speaking with forked fin regarding their interest in Edwards, however, in order to persuade a team like the Vikes or 'Skins not to aim for No. 3 or lower if/when an offer to move up is made, since both teams supposedly want Edwards.
I know it's from PFT, but thought I'd post it.

I could live with Braylon, he is probably the best player in the draft. Definitely a difference maker.

finsnchips said:
I know it's from PFT, but thought I'd post it.

I could live with Braylon, he is probably the best player in the draft. Definitely a difference maker.

I know this, that Saban was called out in Michigan workouts for Braylon before the workout and they went into the HC's office (cant remember his name Lloyd Carr?) for about an hour.

I think that Saban really wants Edwards and is a legitimate stud. Not only is he a stud, he has a great family and he doesnt just want to be a great WR but one that goes to the Hall of Fame. That does it for me. In fact, I would be totally happy if we land him and dont even trade the picks. Just stick with him and we will be looking sweet! You can get a QB with #46 when and if the deal with KC happens and even at #70.

Marino2Clayton said:
It should be against the TOS to post anything from PFT.

I actually give them a lot of credit here because no one has entertained the thought of us taking Edwards and why not? All the signs are there for us to do that, especially sicne Saban said we will not draft a RB at 2.

as I said... I know it's from PFT.

I think Edwards is a legit choice. Saban has preached about BPA, and I think there is little arguement that Braylon and Mike Williams are the two best players in the draft.

I think the Phins have to look at Braylon. This was reported in a couple of other places so PFT has no scoop. Braylon may be the BPA and we need to go with the best player if we can't make a trade and the 49ers select Smith.

This who I had them taking in mock draft yesterday on here if the 9ers take Smith and we don't trade.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=74879

If the Dolphins are stuck with the 2nd pick....Edwards would be an obvious choice...especially since he's a playmaker...and would start right away....unlike any of the QB's...who are years away from being starters. I can't see Saban paying 5-6 mil a year for a QB thats going to be sitting...and not making a difference...thats why him taking a QB early doesn't make any sense....or dollars.

I'm one of those fans who enjoy PFT....So shoot me!!

I think WR B. Edwards is now our clear target at #2. If he's not, the Vikes wont make the offer we're looking for in order to move up...

Taking Edwards would be justice served on the Vikes for taking WR R. Moss the year we traded our pick to them, and ultimately missed out..

PHINZ RULE!!!

just like my mock in my signature has read all along!!!!!!

if we trade with tampa can we still get him if no one esle trades up???

Back
Top Bottom