PFT: "Out of Bounds" Brunell to be beaten by Ramsey? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: "Out of Bounds" Brunell to be beaten by Ramsey?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
RAMSEY TO START FOR 'SKINS?

Word out of D.C. is that Patrick "Potato Sack" Ramsey will end up winning the starting job over newcomer Mark Brunell, despite the widely held belief that Brunell was in line to nudge Ramsey to the bench.

An industry source says that the former Jaguars starter looks "terrible" in training camp, and that he's picked up the nickname "Out of Bounds" Brunell due to his errant throws.

Our guess is that Brunell will get an ample opportunity to win the job, since the team game him an $8.6 million bonus as part of a seven-year, $34 million deal. Dropping Brunell on the bench would be tantamount to admitting that they made a big mistake.

Don't expect a formal announcement of any such move, if the 'Skins ultimately decides that Ramsey should get the nod. We're hearing that coach Joe Gibbs is paranoid that spies are tracking the team's activities.

Brunell will play with the first unit on Monday night in Canton, and Ramsey will start the second preseason game. They'll continue to flip-flop until the regular season opens.

In our experience, folks who are obsessed that others are up to something usually are the people who have the foreign objects up their sleeves. Look, then, for Gibbs to keep quiet about the status of the starter for as long as possible, in order to diminish the ability of their Week One opponents, the Buccaneers, to prepare to face Ramsey.

On the one hand, makes ya think "too bad the Skins stonewalled us on the issue of trading for Ramsey..." and on the other hand, if this is all true especially Brunell being horrible so far in camp and garnering the nickname "Out of Bounds" Brunell, talk about an in-your-face rebuttal to all the people who unfairly criticized us for not getting Brunell.

From what I read from Redskins Forum is that both QB are doing well.

Sorry you must be on the new side. In the title I said "PFT: "

That means Pro Football Talk...its a pretty infamous source of information around here. http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Its a rumor mill, only their "one liners" are based on actual stories written by media. They have their sources, and they've taken a lot of flack from Dolfans over the years who think they are totally off base on everything they report, but I've actually found them to be dead on at least as often as they are way off.

ckparrothead said:
Sorry you must be on the new side. In the title I said "PFT: "

That means Pro Football Talk...its a pretty infamous source of information around here. http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Its a rumor mill, only their "one liners" are based on actual stories written by media. They have their sources, and they've taken a lot of flack from Dolfans over the years who think they are totally off base on everything they report, but I've actually found them to be dead on at least as often as they are way off.
Thanks for the link. I am familiar with PFT. I guess my question should have been what is there source?

New England Fin said:
Thanks for the link. I am familiar with PFT. I guess my question should have been what is there source?

A disgruntled Jaguars fan. :D

Back
Top Bottom