PFT update on Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT update on Boston

Reaction score
It seems they retract their original story about Boston getting into it with the strength coach :lol:

BOSTON STORY GETS US ROCKED

Loyal readers of this site know that this morning we broke a story about a supposed altercation about WR David Boston of the Fins and Miami strength coach John Gamble. Well -- as usual -- some sources -- including inside sources from the team itself -- are telling us that we are out of our Flipper minds. Per the sources no such altercation occurred - and Gamble and Boston are tights as a pair of 45 lb plates.

The previous story was based on another source telling us that Dolphins receiver David Boston got into it on Thursday with Miami strength and conditioning coach John Gamble, due to Boston's failure to stick with a plan intended to help him shrink his oversized body.

The story is reminiscent of reports that Boston's tenure with the Chargers began to go downhill after he got into a shouting match with San Diego strength coach Dave Redding -- which was punctuated by Boston telling Redding to "suck my d--k."

The Miami Herald reports merely that a "small rift" is developing between Boston and the team, but the Herald says nothing about the beef between Boston and Gamble. Instead, the Herald points to a shin injury that apparently was caused by Boston's 240-pound girth.

''He's been training. Until he got hurt out here, he hasn't missed a day as far as his running and lifting and stuff," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "He's got five percent body fat. We're not talking about losing fat. It's a matter of toning down the muscle tone, really. It sounds simple, but that's what the situation is. He's too muscled up right now and he doesn't have any fat to lose. It's just a matter of toning down."

The Dolphins acquired Boston from the Chargers earlier this year in a high-risk/high-reward transaction that could either put the team over the top, or drag it to the bottom. As of now, the indications are that Boston could be the anchor that runs these mammals aground.

Seriously, when a site publishes such worthless information, how is it distinguishable from one of us just making up a story? While there does seem to be widespread opposition to moving stories to the smack room, I do think it might be time to consider just how this site deals with stuff like this. Would a subforum like the Jay room that contains unsubstantiated rumors work out to reduce the noise in the main forum while making it easy for those interested to read such items?

People Are Going To Believe All Sorts Of Things, Especially People That Are So Cautious About Boston And His Baggage. I Personally Like The Acquistion.

Well, the story was printed on their "Rumor Mill" page. And I think we all know about rumors. So I can't blame the authors of the story, only myself should I choose to believe it.

On what part of the site did you find the update Liquid? I went on the site and couldn't find the retraction story...just the old Boston story. I hate their layout, it's messy and cheap..I probably missed it somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind...my browser is crap and didn't refresh the page. I have it now.

This is the same crap as that Czarnetski / Fox bull#hi@ yesterday. The guy's "story" is published on Fox Sports website and says "there are rumors of bringing in Collins or Warren"... Nowhere does he identify WHERE these rumors he "heard" came from. He could have gotten it, and probably did, from this message board.

Next report is Fox saying "there are reports that the Dolphins are considering bringing in Collins or Warren" ... and they CITE the Dumb A__ Czarnetsky article they published earlier in the day.

Next article Fox reports the same crap again in a different wrapper citing their own previous stories that are based on nothing more than the original Czarnetsky "there are rumors" garbage.

This stuff is UNBELIEVEABLE ... NOT the CONTENT, but the fact that the orginal story cites NOTHING, then they amplify it NOT by trying to CONFIRM the original report, but CITING THEIR OWN ORIGINAL wildly speculative garbage as authority. Un-frickin-real.

How in the HELL does this kind of crap pass as journalism? I know there are guys out there with integrity doing this kind of work, but DAMNED this takes the cake.

Next report

One thing I disagree with is the fact that the trade was high risk. The recievers Miami wanted with their first pick was gone.

Anything that pro football talk says I pay NO attention to whatsoever.

They have diahrrea of the mouth.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Anything that pro football talk says I pay NO attention to whatsoever.

They have diahrrea of the mouth.

LOL DIAHRREA of the mouth :D Nice sig btw, HAHA GO KINGS!!!

Bleeding in his leg? Sounds pretty bad, however, everyone note that could be just bruising as originally stated for his injuries.

Pasqarelli added some gravitas to this story in his Tip Sheet last night, but he did say that it was unsubstantiated. But Pasqarelli is one of the best and it will be interesting to see if he does run with it.

VanDolPhan said:
"Boston hurting some

Wide receiver David Boston may have had good reason to miss all three days of minicamp this week. A Magnetic Resonance Imaging exam showed bleeding in his lower leg. The Dolphins expect Boston to participate in their next three-day session that begins May 18."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay08,0,5186995.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Marvez rips Boston a new A-hole on the 7th with an entire article.

The next day Marvez gives him the benefit of doubt with a small caption at the bottom of a story about Will Poole's DUI. :shakeno:

Boomer said:
Pasqarelli added some gravitas to this story in his Tip Sheet last night, but he did say that it was unsubstantiated. But Pasqarelli is one of the best and it will be interesting to see if he does run with it.

PFT used to always bit.ch about how "pastabelli" as they called him used to snake some of his info from PFT. If no one else confirms this then I think PFT's not bullshi.tting on that front.

Back
Top Bottom