PFW on Chambers and Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW on Chambers and Thompson

DannyNoonan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
seems the folks at Pro Football Weekly think that Chambers should be much improved from last year. Note that they also think that Derrius Thompson will be starting opposite of Chambers.

This is from an article about players who should rebound in 2003 after disappointing 2002 campaigns:

"Dolphins WR Chris Chambers  It wasn’t that Chambers had a bad 2002 season. He just didn’t make the leap to superstar after a magnificent rookie campaign. Chambers just wasn’t quite ready to be a No. 1 receiver. Double-teams gave him trouble. His production fell off in the second half of games; he scored no touchdowns after halftime. But some of his trouble is a product of QB Jay Fiedler missing five games with a thumb injury  he caught but 16 passes (and zero touchdowns) in Ray Lucas’ starts. Chambers’ production was also affected by a concussion suffered in Week Six at Denver. If Chambers and Fiedler can stay healthy, the wide receiver and quarterback will have productive seasons. Chambers will benefit from playing alongside WR Derrius Thompson, signed away from Washington after playing well in Steve Spurrier’s offense. Look for Chambers to return to his role of home-run hitter, with RB Ricky Williams wearing teams down and Chambers taking advantage of their weariness."

Originally posted by DannyNoonan
seems the folks at Pro Football Weekly think that Chambers should be much improved from last year. Note that they also think that Derrius Thompson will be starting opposite of Chambers.

This is from an article about players who should rebound in 2003 after disappointing 2002 campaigns:

"Dolphins WR Chris Chambers  It wasn’t that Chambers had a bad 2002 season. He just didn’t make the leap to superstar after a magnificent rookie campaign. Chambers just wasn’t quite ready to be a No. 1 receiver. Double-teams gave him trouble. His production fell off in the second half of games; he scored no touchdowns after halftime. But some of his trouble is a product of QB Jay Fiedler missing five games with a thumb injury  he caught but 16 passes (and zero touchdowns) in Ray Lucas’ starts. Chambers’ production was also affected by a concussion suffered in Week Six at Denver. If Chambers and Fiedler can stay healthy, the wide receiver and quarterback will have productive seasons. Chambers will benefit from playing alongside WR Derrius Thompson, signed away from Washington after playing well in Steve Spurrier’s offense. Look for Chambers to return to his role of home-run hitter, with RB Ricky Williams wearing teams down and Chambers taking advantage of their weariness."

I believe Chris will have a "super star season". Last year was the infamous Sophmore jinks...nothing more.
He will have another year under his belt and will be far better at finding the open lanes, sheding the defender(pushing off) AND I think he will possess a greater sense of confidence.
With Thompson on the other side it will not be so easy to double team him as well.
I really look for great things this season.

BB

Yeah, you'd think with our WR core being SO "mediocre" they wouldn't have to double team at all ;).

Originally posted by DannyNoonan

Sounds like a plan! :D

Oliver...

There are a lot of people who still feel McKnight is a solid #2 on our team, and that Thompson isn't all that we think he is...

I'm not one of them... He should be the #2 guy, and I really think he's gonna make people forget OG's name in a hurry...

Originally posted by T-ROCK
There are a lot of people who still feel McKnight is a solid #2 on our team, and that Thompson isn't all that we think he is...

I'm not one of them... He should be the #2 guy, and I really think he's gonna make people forget OG's name in a hurry...

Thompson OR McKnight...let um compete their rears off. I want a receiver thats afraid of the guy behind him...and one that wants his chance so badly hes about to jump out of his shorts. That way a receiver runs back towards the ball instead of just waiting.

BB

And just think if JR Tolver ends up being a stud. they will all be looking over their shoulder.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom