PFW on McCardell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW on McCardell

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
On a slow day on the rumor front, here's some potentially good "news" (and I use the term loosely)...

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2004/spins081104.htm

"PFW: What would the Buccaneers receive in return for McCardell?

Reynolds: Not much, considering they don’t have much leverage. Unless, of course, a team out of desperation chooses to make the Buccaneers an offer they cannot refuse. Does anyone hear Miami? The Dolphins, with an offense in shambles after Ricky Williams retired and David Boston suffered a season-ending injury, would like to add McCardell opposite Chris Chambers. But the Dolphins don’t want to mortgage the future to remain competitive this season. Already Miami has surrendered second- and sixth-round picks in 2005 in acquiring A.J. Feeley and David Boston. They didn’t want to trade a high pick to replace Williams and aren’t likely to deal more than a second-day pick to replace Boston with McCardell or any other receiver.

Chicago, San Francisco, Kansas City and Baltimore may have some interest in McCardell, but none is in a position to meet his contract demands. The Ravens have the cap space, unlike the other three teams, but are reworking the contract of OLT Jon Ogden in order to get new deals for CB Chris McAlister and RB Jamal Lewis, with designs on re-upping with ILB Ed Hartwell and CB Gary Baxter."

That is good news. I just hope some other team doesn't come out of nowhere and make the trade before us (very possible being we seem to never get our guy).

I'm glad he said Tampa has no leverage and they probably won't get much for him because all these rumors of a first round pick are just absurd.

I believe our GM knows what he's doing.

I think Rick would have signed Freeman if he wasn't going for this.
What do you guys think?
If not I'm going to be one :fire:

keep in mind here that alot of what may transpire is going to be where mccardell wants to play. he might not like what is happening in miami right now and say no "thanks". Its all speculation and if it does happen, it wont happen until the first week of the season ala lawyer milloy stylie.

finfan54 said:
keep in mind here that alot of what may transpire is going to be where mccardell wants to play. he might not like what is happening in miami right now and say no "thanks". Its all speculation and if it does happen, it wont happen until the first week of the season ala lawyer milloy stylie.
You find the worst perspective to everything.:D

If age is such a problem, wouldn't you want to take the guy who's 2 years younger in freeman? Also, am i starting to see some serious "AJ sucks" comments around here. Very funny as he was supposed to be our "savior" ala Brian Griese.

dreamz4fins said:
I think Rick would have signed Freeman if he wasn't going for this.
What do you guys think?
If not I'm going to be one :fire:
Could be waiting for those last minute cuts..

DoLpHiNz34 said:
You find the worst perspective to everything.:D

its called realism. seriously though, what is Mccardells perspective? i havent heard anything from him other than he is waiting for the bucs to give him his money. I also heard the bucs arent interested in Ogun. Now that too is just media perspective but there is just alot of unkowns and speculation.

Miami has to make a move period. Whether it's for a running back or a Wide Receiver, a move must be made! I refuse to throw this season away waiting for Edge next spring.

McCardell would be sweet addition but doesn't anyone worry about the Qb's & him or freeman gelling....we have 5 weeks to get someone in and practicing...Remember also McCardell is use to the West Coast Offense so he might no like the idea of playing for conservative WHINEstadt:cooldude:

finfan54 said:
I also heard the bucs arent interested in Ogun. Now that too is just media perspective but there is just alot of unkowns and speculation.

why would anyone trade a pro bowl d-lineman for a guy who might get released?
even if they weren't wanting rid of him, o-gun for mccardell would be a bad trade and wouldn't happen.

It would be better to at least make the bucs an offer and get the guy who you want as youyr #2 receiver into camp ASAP.

finfan54 said:
And to play Devil's Advocate here....does he live in Florida? If so he might want to stay in Florida...

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Miami has to make a move period. Whether it's for a running back or a Wide Receiver, a move must be made! I refuse to throw this season away waiting for Edge next spring.

I'm sure you can drive, fly or swim to Indianapolis at any time. Don't let our team stop you from seeing Edge. :www:

Back
Top Bottom