PFW reports Shawn Andrews stock may have decreased. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW reports Shawn Andrews stock may have decreased.

his draft stock is fine. it's going to take a lot for him to slide 5 or more spots (assuming miami has thr 10th pick). in a draft where lineman suck, it's hard to drop when you're at his level.

wow....this guy is a BEAST!!!

We have a bull and it would be fitting for him to run behind a beast!!!

would be shocked, but well pleased if he were to fall to us

With what pick? Are we really gonna give up the 10th pick in the draft to get a RT when we could easily give just a little more money for Todd Wade or another RT out in free agency? You do realize that the 10th pick in the draft commands a fairly sizable bonus and salary.

I don't see giving up Ogunleye for a 400 pound hippo at RT.

On the other hand if we're talkin QBs, thats somethin to talk about. Believe it or not if we had the 10th and 20th picks in the draft, we could probably take our pick between all four of the first round pick QBs and then some.

Here's what I'm thinkin prices come out to.

1. Eli Manning minus 2005 first round pick
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Phillip Rivers plus 20th pick in draft (Michael Jenkins, MAYBE Mike Clayton, etc).
4. JP Losman plus 10th pick in draft (Reggie Williams, Roy Williams, Mike Clayton, Shawn Andrews, Tommy Harris, Chris Gamble, etc).

I'm figuring we could trade the 10th and 20th picks for Big Ben straight up, we could trade those two plus a future first rounder for Eli Manning, we could select Rivers at #10 just to be absolutely sure we get him then use the 20th on a receiver or somethin, or we could get a true top ten talent at the 10 spot then wait for Losman to fall to us at #20.

Now the real question is, do any of these scenarios outweigh us HAVING Ogunleye, and using the 20th selection on either Rivers or Losman, on the chance that Rivers falls to us.

Rivers will fall to #20 IMHO. MOst thought of him as a 28-35 pick level and he jumped 5-10 placed via the senior bowl. I think Eli would be the tits, but otherwise I would LOVE Williams/Rivers. Even Evans would be a good choice, go well with CC.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
With what pick? Are we really gonna give up the 10th pick in the draft to get a RT when we could easily give just a little more money for Todd Wade or another RT out in free agency? You do realize that the 10th pick in the draft commands a fairly sizable bonus and salary.

I don't see giving up Ogunleye for a 400 pound hippo at RT.

On the other hand if we're talkin QBs, thats somethin to talk about. Believe it or not if we had the 10th and 20th picks in the draft, we could probably take our pick between all four of the first round pick QBs and then some.

Here's what I'm thinkin prices come out to.

1. Eli Manning minus 2005 first round pick
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Phillip Rivers plus 20th pick in draft (Michael Jenkins, MAYBE Mike Clayton, etc).
4. JP Losman plus 10th pick in draft (Reggie Williams, Roy Williams, Mike Clayton, Shawn Andrews, Tommy Harris, Chris Gamble, etc).

I'm figuring we could trade the 10th and 20th picks for Big Ben straight up, we could trade those two plus a future first rounder for Eli Manning, we could select Rivers at #10 just to be absolutely sure we get him then use the 20th on a receiver or somethin, or we could get a true top ten talent at the 10 spot then wait for Losman to fall to us at #20.

Now the real question is, do any of these scenarios outweigh us HAVING Ogunleye, and using the 20th selection on either Rivers or Losman, on the chance that Rivers falls to us.

CK,

I got a news flash for you. Either way you want to slice it, this team is not winning next year with a rookie at QB. So what are we talking about?

We keep Ogun? For what? We lost this year with him. If you didn't clock it I did. Most of Ogun's sacks were coming after 3 seconds. So how good is he without the pro bowl cornerbacks?

What I'm looking at for offensive line is the future (2004 and beyond). At some point this line has got to be improved by something other than "piece meal". But if everyone would rather draft a QB and leave him behind line that is similar to the one confounded this year it's fine by me. I'll watch him as he has less success than Brian Griese and the fans will boo him (and his confidence) right off the field. Place a dollar amount on that one.

..."He can also put it down: Andrews once ate nine Big Macs in one sitting.."

:fatman:

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
..."He can also put it down: Andrews once ate nine Big Macs in one sitting.."

:fatman:

Have you ever tried to put on weight?

I have a 15 year old. He's 191 right now. He had the flu a month ago and lost 10 pounds. The reason I mention him is because he has to put on at least 40 more pounds before running drills start this summer. He ended up playing the DL last year in his sophmore season of Junior Varsity. If he doesn't put on the weight he's toast.

All linemen must change their lifestyle after football. It is not normal to weigh in excess of the 300 pounds you must have to play in the NFL.

I don't think he has the feet to be a tackle and should move to guard, I think his pass protection could make him fall to 20 if were very lucky, then move him to guard. I saw at least 1 mock draft that he fell to us.

Back
Top Bottom