PFW reports Shawn Andrews stock may have decreased. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW reports Shawn Andrews stock may have decreased.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
hey ZOD, you tryin' to insinuate that miami's offense will explode if rammed from behind? lol

:lol:

#10 Shawn Andrews
#20 Phillip Rivers
#85 Devery Henderson

This class of WR's is high.. Some hig quality WR's will drop because of their 40 times just like Anquan Boldin and Brandon Lloyd did last year and both are true ballers..

Good late round WR's to look at are..

P.K. Sam, Devery Henderson, Johnnie Morant, Drew Carter, Sloan Thomas and Kevin Youngblood...

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
..."He can also put it down: Andrews once ate nine Big Macs in one sitting.."

:fatman:

On that note.......

I gave my son 8 slim jims yesterday to "snack on" this week. He's got one left. 1= 2% daily recommended allowance of protein.

He had waffles for breakfast this morning. Lunch at school. Chef Boyardee "overstuffed" ravioli (23 percent daily recommended allowance of protein) after school. Chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and biscuits this evening.

Linemen don't eat normal and they are expensive. :chuckle:

Originally posted by OneHondo
Hey ZOD did you use a pinto picture because you couldn't find a picture of a Hugo?

The orange color followed the scheme.

It's also got that gas tank (fiedler) in the back that's just waiting for an accident. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Andrews pegged to go there for Norv Turner's power game, but now you have a guy who likes the slide screen more than the blast I formation as an O position coach in Trestman. He can still call the run, he did so as assitsant to Marty at Cleveland.
Andrews is monster runblocker, he can get your man four yards before contact. With a great TE to put on his outside shoulder and Konrad to chip block he will do fine. He takes a guy's first step away after about four good pancake blocks.

Zod is correct, this team has a vet D nulceus and is ready to make a run for it RIGHT NOW. A rook curve can come from Rivers round 2 or 3 with his feet to make plays when his experience can't.
Roethlisberger and 2 others are round one material anyways, they may be gone by ten.
Andrews will give Ricky 4 yards per carry to his side per play, and set up the great counter once teams force you to slant to that side. Plus you'll need 9 in the Box with his run blocking, he can turn a nose up defender in to pursuit down the line and allow a pull man to kick out the edge.
That makes DB gunshy for run support as well and helps Ricky run more.
I expect Marty or Oakland to get Gallery, the Giants may want Andrews,if Tuna was still there they would get him, a new Jumbo Elliot. Andrews is a cornerstone. Perhaps they'll get a for sure QB prospect to groom after Collins and his backup (Graham?).

If you let your DE go then it is likely that you get Andrews PLUS another impact first rounder, but quality DE is a must have and he can really be a playmaker.
Marino will probably go D and run game FIRST- like he did in his college days with Pitt. He knows how much that protects a young QB. Just my take on it... I really think Rivers will be available round 2, or the DE franchise tag can work it. All depends on how cap savvy the newcomer can be.

That's not true. Norv Turner's preffered line is 305 tackles, 330 guards, and an over 300 C. Andrews is still a good prospect though no matter what system.

I dont know why anyone doesnt have a problem with missing an important game for a sinus infection. they have meds for that ya know? i say pass. I would rather get max starks much later.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I don't see giving up Ogunleye for a 400 pound hippo at RT.

CK, would you trade Ogunleye for a Leonard Davis or a Larry Allen in his prime?

I would, in a NY minute. Especially considering we have good depth at DE and we have a terrifyingly BAD OL.

This guy is the classic Road Grader at OT. He may need to lose 20 lbs or so, but he'll be a stud at OT or OG.

People underestimate the value of a good OG. When you have a guy who can manhandle any DT in the league, you have a commodity that is sorely missing and that can jump start your running game. But, I think he can play RT. Give him 3 weeks of practice in the Miami sun and he'll be down 20-30 lbs!

Back
Top Bottom