PFW's Arkush on the 'Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW's Arkush on the 'Phins

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
dan (miami): Will you be the first to answer please!! how bout the dolphins, dont you think that we ahve finally gotten enoguh leadership to prevent a late season collapse? Don't you think our defense is scary now with the additions of Seau, Knight, and Buckley. Willaims will run great and open things up for chambers and thompson, what do you think??

Dan Arkush: I like the additions they've made, and they certainly do seem loaded. But take a look at their last four regular-season games this coming season (at New England, Philly, at Buffalo and the Jets). Their penchant for fading in December will once again be tested to the max. Right now, though, they're my AFC pick to go all the way to Houston for the next Super Bowl.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=3755

He's right on - if we can 3-1 or 4-0 in the last games we are ready to go all the way :up:

That is the test. At least the Jets is at home, we might be finishing off this season on a high note.

December is easily the toughest part of our schedule.

If we win two out of the three AFC East games that month that should be enough

Only reason I worry about Philly is Mcnabb.

We play Philly at home though, no?

Why the hell do the d#mn schedule makers make it so damn hard on the phins year after year. We always have 3 games in 16 days or finishing off against a division opponent or some crap. Last year the Bucs couldn't have ha an easier schedule. I guess it's just part of being in such a tough division. I wish they had left the Colts in our division and gotten rid of the Pats at least we would have had 2 easy division wins each season.

The part I don't like is the Sunday Night game followed immediately by the Thanksgiving game (Thursday) at Dallas. 2 games in 3.5 days. :down: Classic trap game.

At least the Sunday game is at home (Washington).

So Muck, what you're saying is that the NFL has set us up to be ambushed by the Cowboys AND the Indians (Redskins). They must really hate us!

Yes XO, we play Philly at home on MNF. I think at half-time the Mark's brothers will be inducted so this will be a classic winner for us. Can't wait.

Originally posted by JackMeehov
So Muck, what you're saying is that the NFL has set us up to be ambushed by the Cowboys AND the Indians (Redskins). They must really hate us!

Yup. It's true. Last year we have Lions, no Tigers, and Bears. OH MY!!

Originally posted by marcusreal
Yes XO, we play Philly at home on MNF. I think at half-time the Mark's brothers will be inducted so this will be a classic winner for us. Can't wait.

I think they will beat the Eagles, but this is the least important of the December games.

Beat the Jets, the last game of the season and at least get a split of the road games at Buffalo and New England and it will be a successful month

It's not like the entire team plays bad in December or in cold weather games.. We do have one player that steps up in those late cold weather games and his name is Ricky Williams.. His 2 late cold weather games last year against the Bills and Pats were nothing short of incredible.. The defense needs to step it up and not get worn down in December and the passing game needs to be consistant enough so that defenses aren't stacking 8 in the box to stop Ricky who was the only threat late last year.. The entire team needs to get to the level Ricky is playing at for the entire season and especially through the month of December where history is not too kind.. I really do believe Miami will have a winning record in December this year.. I say Miami loses to Buffalo in December then wins all out to finish the season.. Miami 3-1 in December in 2003..

HURRAH:drinker:

You guys forget that we hav won some really cold weather games.

Now, don't complain, we play Dallas, and we won't lose on Thanksgiving. Then after that Thanksgiving game, we have 10 days off which is almost a bye week. May not be the best schedule, but I am not complaining. Jets at home last game of the year is to our advantage.

RICKYSABEAST - to you I only say this. I am glad the Colts are gone, I would rather beat the best teams to get there, than have easy wins. We already have some easy wins on our schedule. Washington will not be hard. Whoever is at QB will be eaten alive by us. Dallas, another young QB, we'll pick him out of our teeth. Houston, that's a joke. Every other game that is at home should be considered a win also. So our only problem is our road schedule, which we need to overcome or else we don't deserve to be there. The best teams make it regardless of who or when they play. You say Tampa had an easy schedule, but in today's NFL, no game is a gimme. Not anymore. I love the AFC East, and wouldn't want it any other way. :o

Originally posted by MarinoFan
You guys forget that we hav won some really cold weather games.

Now, don't complain, we play Dallas, and we won't lose on Thanksgiving. Then after that Thanksgiving game, we have 10 days off which is almost a bye week. May not be the best schedule, but I am not complaining. Jets at home last game of the year is to our advantage.

RICKYSABEAST - to you I only say this. I am glad the Colts are gone, I would rather beat the best teams to get there, than have easy wins. We already have some easy wins on our schedule. Washington will not be hard. Whoever is at QB will be eaten alive by us. Dallas, another young QB, we'll pick him out of our teeth. Houston, that's a joke. Every other game that is at home should be considered a win also. So our only problem is our road schedule, which we need to overcome or else we don't deserve to be there. The best teams make it regardless of who or when they play. You say Tampa had an easy schedule, but in today's NFL, no game is a gimme. Not anymore. I love the AFC East, and wouldn't want it any other way. :o

MarinoFan......Damn good point man. It's kind of the uphill battle way to win. Wise man say the team with nothing but tough opponents on schedule gets to watch Playoffs on satelite on sofa. I don't need the hollywood script of getting there through the toughest and baddest, i'll take an entire schedule of 3-13 games and then prove the Fins are the toughest when they beat the Bucs in the super Bowl. Just win Baby. Thats how the Rams got there the first year and how the Bucs did it last year and the Patriots the year before. The Rams, Patriots, and Ravens went from worst to first in large part of their last place schedules. If the Bucs had had our schedule last year with their offense they wouldn't have made it IMO

if you ask me the peices are put together ...now its up to the players to finish it up.

Back
Top Bottom