PFWs Take on the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFWs Take on the Dolphins

yer theres no doubt we are still lacking on the o-line. we have a lot of potential there but the majority of players on the line are still very young. i can see a pace-turley type combination in wade smith and vernon carey in a few years. both should be future pro-bowlers. jeno james is really our best player on the line right now. with smith and james on the left i think ricky should have a fairly good if not then at least decent running lane on the left side. as for mcinney well, everyone says that if is that good then he would have replaced ruddy last year. i agree with these critics but i have seen very little of him and only time will tell as to how good he is. still he can't be that great and i am fearing the games where he will get rolled by players like traylor (pats) and bryant young (49ers) and our qb's will inevitably suffer. as for the right side we have carey at right tackle and realistically should be just above average at best in his rookie season. do any of you know if there are any quality veteran guards cut yet? or about to get cut? coz if there are then we need to sign one because with greg jerman at right guard the time our qb's have will be limited and williams will get shut down a lot coz we will rely on the left side too much. this is an o-line of the future and i can't see big things happening for the line and subsequently the phins offense this season. we'll probably go 10-6 again and may scrape our way into the playoffs this time.

And the minus part of our running backs and linebackers is what? How do you have a better running back line up (Ricky and T. Minor). Two future hall of fame linebackers and moore, bau, hendricks?

IceStorm said:
Well, if a C- for our OL is dead on the money then a RB and a QB could be an A+ and still die a quick painful death. The OL is the main battle force for our offense. Without it, no holes for the RB and no time for the QB. We need at least a B.

But then again, PFW could be wrong.

Dead on ! It's all going to hinge on the O-line. If they get the job done, there's no telling how far they can go. AFC title, SB, or World Champs. Man that sounds SO SWEET ! :D

What kind of ranking did they give our coach?

I think all of the rankings are solid except I would give the LB a solid B. The biggest difference that will decide the AFC East is coaching. The Dolphins just get outcoached.

I am going to wait to 'rank' our positions until I have seen them play at least one preaseason game. Even then that won't mean much, but at least I'll have SOME idea of how all the new Offensive players will play.

I really don't think Indy will do as well this year. Their division is getting more competitive and they did get quite a few lucky breaks last year. Time will tell.

jaketaylor said:
What kind of ranking did they give our coach?

I think all of the rankings are solid except I would give the LB a solid B. The biggest difference that will decide the AFC East is coaching. The Dolphins just get outcoached.

Let's see, last year, Phins's AFC East record...4-2, Hummm, Mare missed 2 FG's to clinch the first game against pats. Jay throws an int in the 2nd. Both games against the pats were even.. Yea, we just get outcoached. :shakeno:

I looked at this in the super market today, they have us 7th in their power rankings, 11-5, WC

They trashed the jets, 26th in power ranking and 6-10 last place in the afc east.

MDFINFAN said:
Let's see, last year, Phins's AFC East record...4-2, Hummm, Mare missed 2 FG's to clinch the first game against pats. Jay throws an int in the 2nd. Both games against the pats were even.. Yea, we just get outcoached. :shakeno:

There is alot more to this then just the games against the AFC East. But to answer the post, Who was it that decided that it was OK for Mare to not practice kicking out of the horrible dirt infield before that first Pats game? The second game vs. NE was just YET ANOTHER example of Daves unwillingness (or incompetence) to change a game plan mid game. He cant do it.
As a matter of fact, in the new edition of Athlon Sports Pro Football 2004 Season Preview, they rank the coaches in the NFL. And where does Wanny rank on this list? 23rd. Bellichick is 1st, Edwards is 18th, and Mularkey is 32nd. But , hey, Wannys ahead of him. :lol:
Lets take a look at some of the coaches rated ahead of our Fredo:

John Fox-Car: One winning season and he gets put in a 6th.
Tony Dungy-Ind: Former best coach in Florida now is ranked 10th, thirteen spots ahead of you know who.
Marvin Lewis- Cin: They can beat the Cheifs :D Ranked 12th
Tom Coughlin-NYG: Ranked 17th. How can a guy that built a team and then pissed it away be ranked ahead of Dave? (Sound like a familiar theme Dolphins fans??)
Butch Davis-Clev: Ranked 19th.
DOM CAPERS-Hou.: Ranked 20th. A third year expansion franchises coach. Head to Head told us who was the better coach didnt it?
Jim Haslett-NO: Ranked 21st.

Now, I feel like this was really a kind ranking for Dave to be listed at 23rd. I would personally put guys like Lovie Smith, Steve Mariucci, and Mike Tice ahead of Dave, but thats just my opinion. :D

Back
Top Bottom