Phil Simms said....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phil Simms said.......

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Giants offensive line is just average and I ask my self if the Giants offensive line is just average than Dolphins offensive line is horrible.We already knew they have problem pass blocking but today they can't open a whole for the running game if their lives depended on it.

yeah, I heard they had 2 or 3 Rookie OL out there....wuz up with that!?

Our line played horrible.

Better get their **** straight. Ricky was getting hit in the backfield all day, not to mention by more then 1 guy.

as wade smith has proven, just because your a rookie on the O line doesn't move you can't perform. they just had a good day. Not to say our D line had a bad day because there was alot of pressure on Collins, thats why we got all those pics.

I didn't see the game on TV, I had to listen on the internet.

How did Wade Smith played ? And what about Nails. He doesn't seem to be half the man he was last year.

Nails was running around alright. We missed Ruddy today. The line was collapsing in the middle. When Ricky went outside the Giants D was too fast to let him cut the corner. What concerned me was not the run blocking because the Giants D was playing everyone right on the line, it was the pass blocking. Jay never had more than two seconds to pass the ball. Once the line collapsed on him and he fumbled that led to the Giants only TD.

The Giants are a force to be reckoned with against the run. They came in averaging only 90 yards a game rushing. Then on top of that they REALLY stacked on Ricky Williams. They just decided they were going to take him out of the game.

And you know what? They paid for it. That 68 yard WR reverse was the perfect call against their overpursuing defense that was stacking up to stop Ricky Williams. Those fullback runs were excellent calls as well. Overall we ran for 134 yards on them today...and even with Ricky only getting 39 yards on 22 carries, you'd be a fool if you didn't realize he was responsible indirectly for almost every yard we gained on the ground today. This is what a Ricky Williams does for a team.

Originally posted by Sherif
Nails was running around alright. We missed Ruddy today. The line was collapsing in the middle. When Ricky went outside the Giants D was too fast to let him cut the corner. What concerned me was not the run blocking because the Giants D was playing everyone right on the line, it was the pass blocking. Jay never had more than two seconds to pass the ball. Once the line collapsed on him and he fumbled that led to the Giants only TD.

:up: story of the game!....Their D-line played really well today. Our O-line was getting whipped.

Does that mean our O-line sucks?....I don't know but, I bet it doesn't happen like that every week.

McKinney and Smith should not be starting...nothing was open down the middle for us all day. How long is Ruddy out?

Originally posted by inFINSible

:up: story of the game!....Their D-line played really well today. Our O-line was getting whipped.

Does that mean our O-line sucks?....I don't know but, I bet it doesn't happen like that every week.

Let's hope so or we could be in a lot of troubles.

it's called 2 weeks to prepare for ricky and the giants were determend to shut ricky down so much that it cost them on the screens and the reverse. like ck pointed out the giants are good run stoppers + stacked the line. in the same manner our def did'nt give up the big pass plays. a hard faught game comming off the bye glad we came out on top. peace.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

Let's hope so or we could be in a lot of troubles.

Does anybody believe that a D-line with Strahan and Holmes is really that bad?...It's early in the season, by the end, the Giants defensive line will not be "average".

Originally posted by inFINSible

Does anybody believe that a D-line with Strahan and Holmes is really that bad?...It's early in the season, by the end, the Giants defensive line will not be "average".

I agree that they have one of the best d-line, but if we want to go the SuperBowl, we need better play from our o-line. Williams was a non factor.

I didn't see the game on TV but against a defense like TB that have playmakers all over the field we wouldn't be able to trick them easily.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

I agree that they have one of the best d-line, but if we want to go the SuperBowl, we need better play from our o-line. Williams was a non factor.

I didn't see the game on TV but against a defense like TB that have playmakers all over the field we wouldn't be able to trick them easily.
In a game against tampa bay, we would be playing tampa bay, not the giants. the game plan would be different. besides that, every game is different, it's a matter of winning individual match-ups that make all the difference and with the parity in this league it's actually a matter of luck 9 times out of 10. Luck as in, injuries and luck as in being an inch past the first down line. The players do ALL they can and if it's enough, they're heros, if it's not they're bums....it aint fair to hold them to perfectionist standards all the time. I'm proud of the way they played today, offense and defense. This was a big test and they passed it.

Next week is a new test.

Our O-Line was the reason why we had NO big plays in the passing game. Did you see Jay? The SECOND he looks at CC down the field.. in comes the pressure!

Back
Top Bottom