Philip Buchanon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Buchanon

canesfins13 said:
I would rather Buchanon than Surtain. Surtain is on the decline while Buchanon is on the up and is more athletic. Proper coaching and Buchanon can be better than Surtain ever was.

:eek:

Are you serious bro? I like Buchanon and all but he needs to stay healthy first of all and then he's got a long way to go before he's even near Surtain's level. Remeber Suratin leads all DBs in INTs the past like 5 years or something.

canesfins13 said:
I would rather Buchanon than Surtain. Surtain is on the decline while Buchanon is on the up and is more athletic. Proper coaching and Buchanon can be better than Surtain ever was.

You must not have seen buchanon getting burned last season or so. He is very talented but that is his downfall at this point in his career, he's not sound mechanically and he tries to make up for being out of position with his athletic ability. he needs more than proper coaching- he needs another 4 years to even reach surtain's level on the field....

Surtain is the most overated player by the Fin Fans. Buchanon is young and a big time play maker. A little coaching and he can be the best DB in the league with his athletic ability and natural instincts.

Surtain is better,but Phillip can be better then surtain when he is 28.The kid is 23 years old.

canesfins13 said:
Surtain is the most overated player by the Fin Fans. Buchanon is young and a big time play maker. A little coaching and he can be the best DB in the league with his athletic ability and natural instincts.

Potential is one thing, production is something else. Buchanon's been a big disappointment so far in his career no doubt about it. That's why he got traded. I'm not saying that you aren't right in that Buchanon has potential but we just don't know why he's been a bust so far. It could be poor coaching (like you said) but it could also be lack of work ethic on his part, or an inability to pick up on defensive schemes, inability to adjust to the NFL speed, or whatever. There are lots of players who come into this league with a world of talent but never make it big all the while lesser talented/athletic players (at times) go on to have great careers at times. Sometimes, what's in a players head (or lack thereof) is just as important (if not moreso) than their physical gifts.

PS is a very proven commodity while Buchanon has only shown that he's having trouble at the NFL level. The Dolphins defense the last five years was set up so that he (PS) would basically get no help as he 1/1 covered his man...and he did his job very well. That makes him worth alot more than Buchanon, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom